PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia and Insanity in the Land of the Damned (aka infront of my computer screen)

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

RamblinManMike
October 18th, 2005, 03:44 AM
Anyone else embrace the destructive lifestyle of mild drugs, red bull, and sleeplessness when their red hot? That is to say continue writing at all costs when their bang on brilliant? Driven to write by powers unknown? If so, this is the place for such lost souls to commiserate and discuss their fruitful if slightly confused night-time scribing.

2 AM and work tomorrow, but still I press on, and unstoppable landslide of inspired prose! Ahhh, what a role model I am! Dont become writers children! You'll never make it out alive! :D

Come on! I know you’re out there!

Rob Anybody
October 18th, 2005, 06:33 AM
It's too true! I had a family gathering that I had promised I'd be awake for, and so the night before I had planned to be in bed earlier then normal. However I found myself in front of my computer screen and in the Zone, something that doesn't happen too often! It was about 2 and a half hours later that I realised the time and found I had only about 4 hours before I had to be up! And even then I only got two hours - blasted Body clock!

Rob Anybody - sorely in need of Red Bull or Coke!

twomers
October 18th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Anyone else embrace the destructive lifestyle of mild drugs, red bull, and sleeplessness when their red hot? That is to say continue writing at all costs when their bang on brilliant? Driven to write by powers unknown? If so, this is the place for such lost souls to commiserate and discuss their fruitful if slightly confused night-time scribing.

2 AM and work tomorrow, but still I press on, and unstoppable landslide of inspired prose! Ahhh, what a role model I am! Dont become writers children! You'll never make it out alive! :D

Come on! I know you’re out there!
so true RamblinManMike, mike, lol. it's also a pleasent surprise as to what you wrote the day after when you read over what you did write, haha. know what I mean? I wrote something before in the early hours, and then re-read it again there and I seriously don't remember writing most of it at all, but i know I wrote it cause i recognise my style ... lol

Rocket Sheep
October 19th, 2005, 11:45 PM
"Mummy, I want to grow up and be a writer!"
"I'm sorry, honey, you can't do both." :D

Dawnstorm
October 20th, 2005, 09:04 AM
"Mummy, I want to grow up and be a writer!"
"I'm sorry, honey, you can't do both." :D

Oh my, that's "quote of the month" material. :D

RamblinManMike
October 21st, 2005, 01:34 AM
Rob - I completely understand the commitments thing. Theres been a couple times when i have found myself stumbling around trying to be sociable to please the girlfriend or parents, lol. Its funny how i can look like i got hit by a car and people just act like "Ohhhh no sheryl, its OK hes a writer!" *followed by nods of understanding* lol.

twomers - I find that at that time when i'm writing it i think its garbage, but then when i'm stone cold sober reviewing, i really like it. I find i write some of my best stuff in those situations. Suppose it just lets you get everything out without worrying too much about it.

Rocket - ten points funny! MuHAHA!

twomers
October 21st, 2005, 03:12 AM
twomers - I find that at that time when i'm writing it i think its garbage, but then when i'm stone cold sober reviewing, i really like it. I find i write some of my best stuff in those situations. Suppose it just lets you get everything out without worrying too much about it.

I know what you mean, I feel the same way, haha. But then I'm far too lazy to edit it and fix my sleepless incoherencies ;) know what I mean? Ever write something completely off the wall when it was in the night, and then you re-read it, and you say to yourself, what was I thinking, trees neither have legs or cars!!! well, nothing that extreme :)