PDA

View Full Version : Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Jack
October 24th, 2005, 01:57 PM
I'm I the only one around here who is completely enthralled with the Digital Devil Saga? Besides Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura, I've put more hours into DDS1 then any other RPG I've played. I'm currently on my 2 1/2 playthrough. I played it halfway through, was unhappy with how I was developing my character, so I started over. I got right up to the very last boss in the second run, decided I was unhappy with the way I'd developed my characters, and started over. Man, is this game HARD! At least hard compared to today's super easy RPGs (see FFX). I'm really excited about DDS2, which was just released, but I'm not going to pick it up until I finish this one.

Monty Mike
October 24th, 2005, 02:28 PM
I quite liked it, enjoyed the whole idea of having creatures and merging them, etc, but after a while I just stopped playing.

Out of interest, how long did it take you to get to the last boss? I hear it's meant to take around 60+ hours to finish.

Jack
October 24th, 2005, 08:51 PM
I quite liked it, enjoyed the whole idea of having creatures and merging them, etc, but after a while I just stopped playing.

Out of interest, how long did it take you to get to the last boss? I hear it's meant to take around 60+ hours to finish.

I'm not sure of the exact amount of time, since I tend to leave my game on overnight, and it counts those hours even though I'm not really playing (this is a habit I'm attempting to break). But I guess it took me around 45 hours, w/o doing any of the sidequests. You can really spend a lot of time on it, since a lot of levelling is necessary. It's essentially a dungeon crawl. The graphics are not that pretty, but the story is original and intriguing, and the combat is just so complex, difficult, and imperfect, that I'm continually drawn in.