PDA

View Full Version : I handed up my story for english and he says it is almost like a book he had read

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Ingram
May 1st, 2002, 05:23 PM
My story is here on the site, My name is Josh Malthouse so please look it up and see if it reminds you of another book, I wanna find this book he says is very simular to my short story,

And I am telling the truth when i say i wrote it, it is purer coincidential, maybe i need some copyrights heh

enazwo
May 1st, 2002, 07:27 PM
Mordread
I just read your story. For the record there's no specific resemblance to any stories I've read. Though there is a generic similarity in that, yes I have read a few stories involving a career thief raised on the mean streets, eventually to be asked to do a big heist, by an enigmatic stranger. Often involves scaling onto a roof at night climaxing with a close call then finally a narrow escape.

If I may address your story. I sense that you enjoy writing and it comes through in your style. You have interesting dialogue for your characters.
I did note that there were some spelling and grammer problems, nothing huge.
Do not sweat the comparisons people will make with your stories. I think everyone has experienced it at one time or another. Keep it up and Good luck.

[This message has been edited by enazwo (edited May 01, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by enazwo (edited May 01, 2002).]

Ingram
May 2nd, 2002, 12:34 AM
yes it may, but i have plans and i would tell you but it spoil it, Lets just say the overall story involves Vampires, Mystery, Intense action, and good storyline.

Now i might have you all thinking :P

Ingram
May 2nd, 2002, 12:36 AM
Oh i talked to the teacher and i got the name of the book , although i cant remember, it was called

F - - - (something i cant remember) cerberus (I think thats how you say it)

The author was something banks

Nimea
May 2nd, 2002, 12:39 AM
Eh, 'Drizzt Do'Urden'?!
Is that a coincidence? http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/wink.gif

Well, that is something very problematic. Especially if you want to write 'the first ORIGINAL fantasy book in years'. http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/wink.gif

And I would like to know what else your teacher said about your story. How did he like it? Did he only say 'almost like a book he read', or did he tell you more?

Ingram
May 2nd, 2002, 12:54 AM
LOL the copy on the site is old, his new name is Duurog, :P anyway he said he thoroughly enjoyed it.

Actaully the copy i have now is much better and more polished, I might have to change a few things for my "new" idea i have :P

Ingram
May 2nd, 2002, 01:04 AM
Man now my own MOTHER believe's i copied it, lol man i write something i believe is good for my standerds and it gets shoved of as a "He just copied it"