PDA

View Full Version : Searching for a book but not sure of spelling...

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

infinity
November 6th, 2005, 07:34 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My father is a HUGE classic Sci-FI fan and has pretty much all the asimov, van vogt books there are... BUT he mentioned one he didn't have and I'm not sure whether it is by those authors or who it's by at all but it SOUNDED like

*The Worlds Of Reclos*

- Like I said, it sounded like that and I'd first like to know how to spell it- an author would be nice or any suggestions as to who it could be by...

Obviously better would be if someone had this book! - I'd be willing to buy it from you - within a reasonable price

Also, as christmas is coming up, if anyone has any classic science fiction books - especially *Double Ace* and books by authors of the period and similar to Van Vogt etc, let me know and I'll cross reference our collection with yours and buy up any missing titles :) Thanks for your time!

troxelb
November 8th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Could it be Recluse?
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0812505182/qid=1131486340/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-5179136-4785520?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

This is the first novel of that series.

infinity
November 8th, 2005, 04:49 PM
ooo, it's Eclos! just found it..

ArthurFrayn
November 8th, 2005, 05:05 PM
For all others that were mildly curious as to who wrote it, it's Worlds of Eclos by Rex Gordon. Also known as First to the Stars...