PDA

View Full Version : I'm a new writer and wanted to say hello!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

tiawood
November 21st, 2005, 12:34 PM
I hope this is in the right section! I'm a new writer. I just finished a fantasy fiction novel named Trimon: War of the Lands. I came here to see what makes fantasy fiction fans tick as I go through the edits of my novel. And hopefully when I become famous, I can hook up with fans through this forum and have my own little sub forum :D A girl can dream, can't she?

I'm happy to be here as obviously I'm a fantasy fiction/sci-fi/horror fan myself. I adore Stephen King (don't worry, my writing doesn't copy his style. Would never do that!).

I'm 24, female from Missouri and just having a great time in the writer's world :)

Tia Wood

David Forbes
November 21st, 2005, 02:55 PM
Good luck! I'm pretty new here myself. If you think your work is far enough along to warrant it, post a little so some of the members here can give you feeback.

tiawood
November 21st, 2005, 03:28 PM
Good luck! I'm pretty new here myself. If you think your work is far enough along to warrant it, post a little so some of the members here can give you feeback.

Oh, I still need to edit, rewrite, edit, rewrite, edit some more. Although I did open a blog area and plan to post some short stories there.

Jay232
November 21st, 2005, 09:55 PM
Hello & Welcome!
I've been at the site for a while but I've been silent for a good time now. It's alot of fun here and from experience this site helps alot of writers with potential get to where they want to be.

I was huge on details before I got onto this site, now I've broken my work down so it's not so cluttered. To answer your first question, I think what makes writers tick is the love of writing. It's being able to escape into the world in which you are creating, with the characters you are creating.

I'm sure that every writer has their own personal tick, but that's mine.
Anyhow- Good luck to you in your editing, I know how fun that process is!

tiawood
November 22nd, 2005, 01:07 PM
I'm sure that every writer has their own personal tick, but that's mine.
Anyhow- Good luck to you in your editing, I know how fun that process is!

Thanks!

If you think your work is far enough along to warrant it, post a little so some of the members here can give you feeback.

Actually, I was going through my editing and I realized I have a character type list that I can paste. It would be nice to get feed back on those characters. I'll do that later today when I get home.

Colin_Spade
November 22nd, 2005, 03:44 PM
Aye! let us read thine work! :)

tiawood
November 28th, 2005, 09:48 AM
I keep forgetting. I will do it today after work, I promise!!

AshEG2006
November 28th, 2005, 11:16 AM
A little about me, Iíve been writing and playing d20 D&D plots and games for some time now and I often journal about the adventures. I created a world called Earth Dark I started writing stories as part of the regular campaigns I ran, and after some encouragement now a book. The players contribute story hooks and twist by playing the actual story I am writing. I'm not sure what I hope to get from being part of this forum, guess I'll look around some!

AshEG2006
November 28th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Hi Tia Wood, I checked out the site about StoryCraft and delved into it more. The software was created based on the Jarvis Method by John Jarvis. It looks like some very interesting software and I may purchase it. What got me interested in it is the component that lets you create a screenplay from the story. I'm a huge fan of the visual story and when I write I notice that it is often like a movie, sections are neat and seem to cut like a movie does from scene to scene. Have you found out more about the software? -Ash

Casey's Pen
November 29th, 2005, 01:12 PM
I'm not a big fan of writing software, but I love Movie Magic Screenwriter.

It saves a lot of steps.