PDA

View Full Version : Am I going crazy because of what I dream?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Zsinj
November 29th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Man, I swear these past fewyears, I've been having the strangest dreams! First of all, a lot of my dreams have actually been visions that have come true. And then another dream I have had recurringly is I'm standing before this dude who looks like Gandalf and is dressed in voluminous black robes with stars and nebulae twinkling in them, and he tells me the incomprehensible secrets of the universe, which I can't explain in words, and then I wake up and my mind's a blank? Does anyone know why I'm having such wierd dreams like this? Am I going crazy or something?

ArthurFrayn
November 30th, 2005, 09:46 AM
Yes. You're as crazy as an outhouse rat. :eek:

Actually, those kind of "movie" dreams I have after putting a few down. Have you been drinking before going to bed?

Dawnstorm
November 30th, 2005, 10:32 AM
As long as you know they're dreams, I wouldn't worry.

Zsinj
November 30th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Actually, those kind of "movie" dreams I have after putting a few down. Have you been drinking before going to bed?

No, I don't drink. Never have.

Boll Weevil
November 30th, 2005, 12:14 PM
I'm afraid you're dreaming right now. I am the evil demon...or am I. Or alternatively we could all be a figment of your diseased imagination, or you could be a figment of mine...if I really exist and am not just computer generated entity, in which case you might or might not have failed the Turing test.

Gildor
November 30th, 2005, 12:31 PM
You don't eat cheese before you go to sleep by any chance? It's just i sometimes get really peckish before i nod off, so i have some crackers and cheese, head hits the pilow ... and the weirdness begins. Golly gosh i love cheese!

Boll Weevil
November 30th, 2005, 02:26 PM
..and of course the moon IS made of cheese. I once loved cheese, but alas it left me for a good Edam. The last letter told me that the the species gap between us was just too big.

Gildor
November 30th, 2005, 10:28 PM
I occasionly dream i'm rolling down a really, really steep hill, and there are all these roots and branches ripping into me as i fall, and i usually end up splayed at the bottom of this huge embankment, and i'm overlooking a huge green plain. It probably hs something to do with going to bed at 4:30 in the morning, why am i still up? really!

Zsinj, i wouldn't worry, just enjoy your wacky dreams they can be fun, unless your falling down hills ... that's not fun.

... Cheese will forever be a love affair of mine.

Was that someone tapping on my window?

Eventine
December 1st, 2005, 08:07 AM
No, I don't drink. Never have.

Now that's the crazy thing.

I wouldn't worry. After I read Jeff Vandermeer's City of Saints and Madmen I dreamed about grey caps hunting me for weeks and I'm just as normal as I ever was...

which may not be saying a lot...

ArthurFrayn
December 1st, 2005, 10:53 AM
The point is:
could it be something you've consumed, food or drink, before going to bed?Various foods and beverages can have these kind of effects. Spicy food can give me active dreams sometime.