PDA

View Full Version : The Triangle

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

BlackCauldron
December 1st, 2005, 11:04 AM
Has anyone seen the advertisements for that SciFi miniseries, The Triangle that's supposed to start on Monday (I think)??

The commercials are pretty vague, but I'm most excited about seeing this because of Bryan Singer's involvement. Oh, and Catherine Bell's pretty hot too. Anyone else plan on watching?

ArthurFrayn
December 1st, 2005, 11:17 AM
It looks somewhat interesting, but the ScFi channel's original movies are usually stinkbombs.
Making McMovies with Cheese is one of the things the SciFi channel /TNT does with aplomb. I haven't watched the ScFi channel since they cancelled Farscape -not for any vindictive reason, it's just they no gots the goods.
And Bryan Singer is only the executive producer.
Francis Ford Coppola was the executive producer for the SciFi show First Wave, and that show was still aerosol cheese. :rolleyes:

BlackCauldron
December 2nd, 2005, 11:28 AM
It looks somewhat interesting, but the ScFi channel's original movies are usually stinkbombs.
Making McMovies with Cheese is one of the things the SciFi channel /TNT does with aplomb. I haven't watched the ScFi channel since they cancelled Farscape -not for any vindictive reason, it's just they no gots the goods.
And Bryan Singer is only the executive producer.
Francis Ford Coppola was the executive producer for the SciFi show First Wave, and that show was still aerosol cheese. :rolleyes:

I'm not a huge Farscape fan, but I know that Rockne O'Bannon has some writing credits on the Triangle. He did the screenplay for Farscape as well, right?

As far as you disliking Sci-Fi's previous efforts...I liked Dune and Earthsea, so I'm willing to give these guys a clean slate.

Could be decent. With Surface on haitus on Monday, I'll check it out and see if its worth watching the rest of it.

Boll Weevil
December 2nd, 2005, 11:42 AM
Sci fi does decent mini series, it makes lousy movies.

ArthurFrayn
December 2nd, 2005, 05:42 PM
Dune and Earthsea are Hallmark productions, so I'll make an exception for those.
Even though I didn't like Earthsea(the first chapter anyway,and I passed on the rest),it was still beautifully done. And I liked both the Dune presentations. ;)

AND Farscape is Rockne O's baby. :D