SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Holbrook
December 9th, 2005, 11:56 AM
I best come clean, or rather turn yellow *g*

I have recently gained another job.One that came out of the blue. It was, and still is a surprise to me that I was asked to do this, and my feet haven't touch the grown since I started.

I thought I was busy before, reading all sorts of things; now :eek: :eek:

Anyway, now the new MamTor site is up I thought I best mention that a few weeks ago Liam Sharp, the editor-in -chief, asked me if I wanted to be one of his submission editors for Event Horizion I said yes!!! :rolleyes: :D

So if you go to the MamTor site... http://www.mamtor.com/

And look here http://www.mamtor.com/mamtor/about.html

You will see my name on the yellow!!! Thankfully not my mugshot as yet.... lol...

Serious it is a hell of a responsibility knowing that I have to keep the high standard already set in the first two issues of Event Horizon and if possible build on it.

Boll Weevil
December 9th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Congratulations. This is such a "field of dreams" (forgive the cliche) business, that it's cool to see people making it through.

KatG
December 9th, 2005, 12:10 PM
Oh cool, so you were the one he asked to do it. Well, see, now everybody has to flood Event Horizon with submissions. :)

Hereford Eye
December 9th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Does this mean you are going to become as righteous as a certain czarina of our acquaintance? :eek: :D

Radthorne
December 9th, 2005, 12:31 PM
A toast to our newest editorial target... er, companion! :D

Congrats, Hol! Knock 'em dead!

David Forbes
December 9th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Congrats! Best of luck!

funky_fantasist
December 9th, 2005, 12:43 PM
:D Way to go Hol! Many congrats - I hope you enjoy the job...

Funky

Liam Sharp
December 9th, 2005, 01:01 PM
As always, doing herself down... :rolleyes:

It's been a HUGE help having a new editor to help me out. And she's not just in charge of fielding submissions, she'll be the prose editor of the book. I've already had my work chopped and diced by her sharp and discerning eye!

So yes, a big welcome from me too. I have to say this board has been a wellspring of help and advice, not to mention highly supportive of what we're trying to do. Can't thank you all enough - you know who you are! ;)

Very best,

Liam.

Dawnstorm
December 9th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Now that's good news, congratulations! :D

Holbrook
December 9th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Boll Weevil; Thank you!

KatG;, Nooooo.... lol... Seriously though, the more the merrier.... (ducks out of reach of Liam's hand :D )

Hereford Eye; Of course, she is giving me lessons.....

Radthorne: TARGET! :eek: :eek: lol....

David Forbes; Thank you!

funky_fantasist; I am going to Funky, I know, I am.... :D

Liam;
I've already had my work chopped and diced by her sharp and discerning eye!

I didn't, no... well just a little...... :rolleyes: And yes, I owe a lot to this board and the members, somethings I can only repay by trying as hard as I can at this writing game.

Dawnstorm; Thank you, and a bigger thank you for all your help elsewhere.....