View Full Version : Diablo 2

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

Azurehero
November 2nd, 2000, 06:00 AM
I have to get my fix of this game every day. At least two hours. Yesterday I played it for 4 hours, I got through the monastary jails and into the second contier (sp). There are some TOUGH monsters in there.

I'm playing the barbarian. A two handed sword in either hand, some decent armor . . . and 40,000 pieces of gold sitting in my personal stash. Life ... is good.

I hate it when I die. Going and back and getting your stuff sucks. But at least all the fields don't reset. Am I right?

What kind of characters do all you people like and why? I like the barbarian because of his brute strenght and two weapons abilities.

Loki
November 29th, 2000, 10:53 PM
I just thought you might want the walkthrough: click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click. when you come up against a boss you have to click REALLY hard or else he might kill you.

Talis
December 6th, 2000, 09:15 AM
Oh, come on...D2 is actually a pretty good game. Sure, there's a sense of the arcade style "Gauntlet" combat, but there's a little more to it, especially when playing it over a LAN, or just jamming it on a huge monitor with the lights out and the expensive headphones on. I thought the soundtrack was very well done, and it truly brings the player into the game. The graphics could have been bumped up a notch from 640x480, but some of the 3D effects still look great. Combine that with ambient & action sound effects, and you've got your two hour need. I'm sure the game appeals more to the original Diablo fans.

[This message has been edited by Talis (edited December 06, 2000).]

Monty Mike
January 30th, 2005, 07:56 AM
This game kicks ass, perhaps even more than Baldure's Gate 2 IMO....

I always went for the Druid, and have played uncountable hours online. There is so much freedome and gaining levels is amazingly fun..... unlike some games.

Sadly, however, although there are still a few, not many people play Diablo 2 anymore...... :( ............ and the ones who do tend to be either hackers or idiots only out to boast about their levels

Merancapeman
January 31st, 2005, 07:10 AM
Oh, I remember those days.... especially Diablo 1. Well, I could help out because I used to be a good ol' veteran of that game. Unfortunantly everything was deleted and I am never playing it again (this has happened almost three times. It seems the source of my computer crashing was Diablo II.... wierd..) If I could help in any way, just ask!

Shehzad
January 31st, 2005, 02:05 PM
I sometimes still play D2, but it has receded ever since I got lost in the world of NWN...

Monty Mike
January 31st, 2005, 03:32 PM
I'm very tempted to buy NWN, could someone please compare it to Diablo and/or Baldur's Gate II (I love both) :D

Thanks

Gregorius_H
February 1st, 2005, 01:10 AM
Ahhh... I remember fondly my Diablo II days. I remember the first time a leveled a summoning Necromancer to lvl 99... the first time a raised all 123 minions in my army... the first time I won a duel by lagging out the other player... ahhh... those were the days.

and then came 1.10... and I stopped playing. Don't know why, it just didn't seem to be fun anymore. Perhaps I just got over it...

But now I have World of Warcraft! And all is well with the world again...

Merancapeman
February 1st, 2005, 06:39 AM
Yeah.... Too bad Diablo 2 killed my computer. Me and you would have been an excellent duo! :)

milamber_reborn
February 1st, 2005, 06:25 PM
Do you have the expansion or are you stuck with that awful resolution?

I always went the mage. I find it more fun throwing fireballs then whacking monsters with my trusty staff.

Save and trade, reload and trade etc. until you swindle a trader out of an awesome weapon. Make sure your resistences are balanced. Download a cheat utility in case you can't hack the end level, as it's a bitch.