View Full Version : Baldur's Gate 2

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

Loki
December 7th, 2000, 12:06 AM
has anyone played Baldur's Gate 2 or even Baldurs Gate?
i really love being the sorcerer and stoping time hehehehe and then killing everyone hehehehehe

Cadfael
January 8th, 2001, 12:54 PM
Have I played it?? My God I have lived it!!!

I have BG2, but I am still girding my loins for the final battle with Savorok in BG1. I am one area away, and to be quite honest I am terrified.

This IMO is the best RPG to be introduced for a long time. I understand a version for the Playstation is due for release this month.

Monty Mike
January 30th, 2005, 08:51 AM
Just now I'm really dissapointed as I can't find the 2nd CD in order to install it on my new PC..... looks like i might have to buy a new copy just for one disk.... Oh well

Anyway, I love the game and IMHO it's the best MMORPG out there (for PC).... I don't suppose blizzard are thinking of making another one?

What sort of characters did you make? I used to enjoy mages and warriors...... I kinda disliked theives though, mainly as they're so weak, although very useful from time to time

I think the cities, towns, and characters are all fantastic, and the game as a whole really has a Fantasy feel to it. Almost like you're playing a book :D

AshleyBoy
February 15th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Neverwinter Nights kicks BG's Ass

JamesL
February 15th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Neverwinter Nights kicks BG's Ass

The two cannot really be compared given that both use totally different engines and, despite being made by the same developers, are both very different games. :)

Monty Mike
February 15th, 2005, 12:05 PM
I just bouhgt a copy of Neverwinter Nights, and although I'm not very far into it, I deffinately prefer Baldur's Gate II, which was, for me, perfect in every way :D

Copies are soooo hard to find though..... even online......... :(

JamesL
February 15th, 2005, 03:15 PM
I just bouhgt a copy of Neverwinter Nights, and although I'm not very far into it, I deffinately prefer Baldur's Gate II, which was, for me, perfect in every way :D

Copies are soooo hard to find though..... even online......... :(

I have the limited edition of Baldur's Gate 2. :D Came with a bonus cd (which includes a new shopkeeper selling stuff from the Icewind dale games), BG2 playing cards, a t-shirt and a poster.

Wonder how much it would be worth on ebay.... ;)

Monty Mike
February 15th, 2005, 03:50 PM
I have the limited edition of Baldur's Gate 2. :D Came with a bonus cd (which includes a new shopkeeper selling stuff from the Icewind dale games), BG2 playing cards, a t-shirt and a poster.

Wonder how much it would be worth on ebay.... ;)
wow! I had no idea there were BG2 playing cards! Is it still possible to buy them anywhere? Do you have any photos of them you could show me?

sorry, I just realised I love BG2 more than I thought..... plus it's been a while since I've talked about it :D

JamesL
February 15th, 2005, 07:10 PM
wow! I had no idea there were BG2 playing cards! Is it still possible to buy them anywhere? Do you have any photos of them you could show me?

sorry, I just realised I love BG2 more than I thought..... plus it's been a while since I've talked about it :D

I'm afraid not, on either accounts. :(
You'd have to be amazingly lucky to find the Limited Edition (of which there were only 50,000 made worldwide).

My brother got it too; he got exactly the same cards as me so i think they only did a few different ones....

I can't show you the cards (they're about 150 miles away) but they were very similar to Magic the Gathering cards if you're familiar with them.

Monty Mike
February 15th, 2005, 07:50 PM
I'm afraid not, on either accounts. :(
You'd have to be amazingly lucky to find the Limited Edition (of which there were only 50,000 made worldwide).

My brother got it too; he got exactly the same cards as me so i think they only did a few different ones....

I can't show you the cards (they're about 150 miles away) but they were very similar to Magic the Gathering cards if you're familiar with them.
150 miles away?! If there were only 50,000 made worldwide I suspect they will be worth quite a lot :eek: I think I'll do a search for them later, perhaps some images will come up in google, who knows.....