PDA

View Full Version : Starsiege: Tribes

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Asha_man
February 17th, 2001, 10:57 AM
The game is a first person shooter. Meaning you usually maneuver in a first person view. (Similar to Quake, Doom, or Unreal.)

There is a small twist: in Tribes, you have the freedom to move in three dimensions, and the worlds that you maneuver in are several kilometers in length and width. The environments are large, and outdoor, with various terrains as you fight on different worlds.

As for the gameplay, the game is a first person shooter. But, it is squad-based warfare; teamwork is the key to winning an objective. This means that elements of strategy, teamwork, and first-person shooter skills are incorporated in the gameplay.

The game is a multiplayer only, online game, so an internet connection is a must.

It may be hard to find in the stores, but if you find it, buy it! Also, the demo can be found at www.sierra.com (http://www.sierra.com)
(I forget where exactly, but it is on that website.)

This game has been out since December of 1998, and I have not put it down since then.

Black Echo
February 20th, 2001, 02:56 AM
Tribes2 looks to be better. I picked up Tribes1 about three months after it first came out, went through all the training, and I swear I could *NEVER* find *ANYONE* playing online. I had the connection, everything, and every server would show ZERO players. I went back to playing Quake, etc. online.

I thought the vehicle control in Tribes was kind of bad, I never could figure out how to fly, the controls were all screwy, so I just kept to my feet / jetpack.

Lost interest. Been playing Unreal Tournament (kicks major ass!) on a local area network. Speed is incredible, and the effects / etc. are very good.

Looking to start up Delta Force 2 on the LAN. You talk about impressive environments! You could literally go for days in DF2 and not see another person if there are only two of you...

Asha_man
February 20th, 2001, 08:54 AM
That is odd. I literally find about 350 servers with people on them. Hmm...

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience.

It is a fun game though when you play it. Heh.

If you like, I know of several server IP's that are good to play on.