PDA

View Full Version : What's the last movie you saw...2006?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

juzzza
December 24th, 2005, 04:17 AM
As the other thread was at 87 pages!!!

FicusFan
December 24th, 2005, 04:38 PM
Auntie Pam,

Here is my post from when I saw The Aviatior:

I watched The Aviator yesterday. A lot of cameos, and a lot of good performances. Not sure about the story. It had an interesting look at why Hughes was so crazy, and it told his story of movies and aviation, but it seemed half done to me. I actually liked The Carpetbaggers an older movie about a Howard Hughes type, better.

Also the main actor in this one, DiCaprio (?), seemed to be doing Brad Pitt doing Howard Hughes. I thought the actress who did Katherine Hepburn, have no idea who she is, was eventually good. She started off rather badly - very stiff and coarse, but finally got it.

Bond
December 25th, 2005, 01:08 AM
Cate Blanchett won an Academy Award for that role.... ;)

As for Howard Hughes, from what is implied elsewhere there was even more going on with that guy and the impression I get is that The Aviator doesn't delve that deep.

Shehzad
December 25th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Saw Syriana yesterday, and liked it a lot. A nice, complex tale with no pat answers.

milamber_reborn
December 26th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Reindeer Games & Rules of Attraction.

Rules of Attraction is pretty messed up, but I enjoyed the cast and style.

FicusFan
December 26th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Cate Blanchett won an Academy Award for that role.... ;)

Yeah I know, but she sucked at the start. Probably trying too hard, because she did get it later on.

Monty Mike
December 27th, 2005, 06:21 AM
A few days ago I watched some fantastic movies by the name of Closer and Alfie. Jude Law was damn good in both of them, his roles were completely different whilst at the same time strangely similar.

In honesty I don't think he'd quite work as James Bond just now, so it's probably better that Craig was chosen, but perhaps with a little age he'll be better adapted for thr role.

Anyway, the films were very good ;)

Jirel of Joiry
December 27th, 2005, 12:17 PM
Saw King Kong yesterday. Not bad, but very long. It was a good thing I didn't have enough cash for a soda ;) The one part I did NOT like was the giant bugs. Everybody in the theater was squrming when they came on, including me. :D

Ouroboros
December 27th, 2005, 04:18 PM
The absolutely ravishing Aishwarya Rai stars in pseudo-bollywood take on Jane Austen. While it retains the occassional song and dance number, at heart this is western rom-com territory, albeit with more colour and visual flair than usual.

Its quite endearing that Rai has never kissed a man onscreen throughout her majorly successful career- it would ruin her popularity with conservative indian fans. A girl you really could bring home to mummji.

kater
December 27th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Fantastic Four - pretty under-rated tbh, it's not brilliant but given all the bad reviews I was expecting Catwoman type mediocrity. Instead there's a decent group dynamic and some strong scenes - it's just a pity the original material isn't a bit darker and they decided to turn Doctor Doom into a joke.