PDA

View Full Version : Lyrics to "The Rains of Castamere"?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Loegaire
January 1st, 2006, 08:57 PM
Does anyone have them or know where I might find them? It sounds like a good song, though I've only ever heard the first stanza.

trentdick2882
January 2nd, 2006, 08:25 AM
When I went to the book signing for A Feast for Crows, Martin said he has never completely written any of the songs in his novels. He just writes the lyrics he needs. So if only the first verse appears in the novels, it's probably the only verse that exists.

EddardStark
August 16th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Does anyone have them or know where I might find them? It sounds like a good song, though I've only ever heard the first stanza.

And who are you, the proud lord said,
That I must bow so low?
Only a cat of a different coat,
That's all the truth I know.
In a coat of gold or a coat of red,
A lion still has claws,
And mine are long and sharp, my lord,
As long and sharp as yours.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
That lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall,
With no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
And not a soul to hear.

saintjon
August 19th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Doesn't seem to predict any bright future for the Freys does it? What a dolt Walder is to pick that song.

conningcris
August 24th, 2008, 01:36 PM
For some reason I've always loved that little song, I think it is very well used throughout the books, and a strong symbolic symbol as well.

O, and I just like the sound of it as well (even more then the bear the bear..)

EddardStark
August 26th, 2008, 03:37 AM
Can you post all songs from ASOIAF ? i need them for my web site :), i got only The Rains Of Castamere

simonesk
May 22nd, 2009, 08:01 AM
hey guys, I NEED all the lyrics of the songs that you can find in ASOIAF books. IT'S VERY IMPORTANT
i'm italian and I got the lyrics just in italian and how don't know how and where to find the original english lyrics.

Do anyone post all of them or pass me all of them by e-mail??? PLEASE!!!!

Irrelevant
June 3rd, 2009, 03:32 AM
I could never really get into songs from fantasy novels. I appreciate poetry, which is essentially what a song is, but knowing it's a song makes me want to put a rhythm to it. Problem is, I don't know the rhythm, nor can I make one up that fits so the song always sounds lame in my head.

simonesk
June 3rd, 2009, 03:39 AM
i just asked someone if someone has the lyrics of the songs of ASOIAF, cuz i need them, it's my business.
so: if someone is so kind to give me the favor i'll be very pleased of it, this is the reason why i write in this forum, not to discuss about songs and poetry.
thanks

Bren18
June 3rd, 2009, 01:27 PM
This might be the worst song in the world. I want to break down and cry every time I see the words Rain and Castamere together.

It reminds me of that soul crushing feeling I got (Spoilers please highlight) the moment when the Starks were loading into the Twins only to be slaughtered at their own wedding feast. It produces pictures of Rob Starks body with Grey Winds head sewn on his body :( Delete this thread!