PDA

View Full Version : Which is Your Favorite Batman?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

SubZero61992
January 2nd, 2006, 08:59 PM
I hate the Batman movie with George Clooney, I dont particuarly hate the movie with Val Kilmer, but the new Batman Begins movie is the best thing Batman has been through since its comic books.
It takes everything realistic it can to make the story more believable and likeable. There is no bad acting, as in previous Batman movies *cough*GeorgeCloony*cough*. Maybe it was the directing, because George Clooney isnt a bad actor but his Batman movie was horrendous.

So, what is your favorite Batman?

Shehzad
January 2nd, 2006, 09:45 PM
I still like Michael Keaton's serene Batman, but in some ways Christian Bale has done a better job...

Evil Agent
January 3rd, 2006, 03:30 AM
Definitely Michael Keaton from the first Batman movie (1989). I love Batman Begins and think it is the next best one, but something about the '89 movie still rules. Keaton looked/sounded best in the suit, the Batmobile was awesome, the Batwing was awesome... Awesome.

maverikk
January 5th, 2006, 07:14 PM
got to go with keaton as batman for some reason, nichleson was awesome as joker, but i still prefere begins as a film!

because it's prequal and the whole idea is that batman is "finding his feat" so it were, i think we could get away with not having to pitt keaton and bale against each other for the title of best batman!?

or not?

Bond
January 6th, 2006, 01:46 AM
For me there is no contest, Batman Begins is the only one I consider special.

I have no idea why the first Batman movie appeals to so many, for me it is no better than any of its much derided sequels.

kater
January 6th, 2006, 09:13 AM
For me there is no contest, Batman Begins is the only one I consider special.

I have no idea why the first Batman movie appeals to so many, for me it is no better than any of its much derided sequels.

I totally agree. Keaton is made to look second rate by Nicholson and when, in Batman Returns, he gets a chance to flex his acting muscles Keaton comes up short again, with Pfeiffer(?) stealing the show this time. Being a big Batman comic fan I think Begins stand head and shoulders above all the others and I'm glad that someone finally used the decades of quality material in the comics to make a true Batman film, rather than some camp nonsense which only pays lipservice to the source.

ArthurFrayn
January 7th, 2006, 11:00 AM
I saw some of the first Batman film on cable relatively recently and thought it had aged horribly. Shrill Hollywood product at it's worst.
The worst thing I can say about the Daredevil film is that it reminded me of the first Batman movie.

Wulfa_Jones
January 10th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Best Batman film actor... I've got to go with Bale. Keaton was great and is an easy close second. Looks wise I think Clooney is more of a Batman/Wayne than Kilmer, but I've pretty much wiped all trace of those 2 films from my memory so I can't compare the acting.

While I enjoyed Burton's Batman films when I was younger, re-watching them... they just aren't as good. However, the opening scene in Batman Returns is pretty cool... though the whole clowns thing should have been what the Jokers goons looked like in the first one. Oh yeah and Joker shouldn't have been killed off.

I also love the animated Batman... the mid 90's one by fox (?). The Batman, the new series has just started on Cartoon Network and so far it's pretty good, at least they did a better job with both the Joker and Bane than the films have done so far.

ArthurFrayn
January 10th, 2006, 08:24 PM
The Warner Bros animated Batman is far superior to the Burton/Schumacher films. That was Batman!

Khallandra
January 29th, 2006, 07:17 AM
Bale for me :)