PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watched FF7: Advent Children

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Shadow Thief
January 9th, 2006, 08:07 PM
I just recieved FF7: Advent Children (the animated movie sequel to the game), a few weeks ago... and all I have to say is "Oh Wow". Its fantastic, amazing animation and an awsome story. Has anyone seen it? Ide like to hear what you have to say about it.

Sapphire Rose
January 12th, 2006, 03:52 AM
ive seen it too and i loved it! cloud looked really cute ;)

spoiler: (highlight to see)
i was upset that Aries (Arieth) wasnt a bigger part. i remember at the end of the game cloud was saying to tifa that they could meet her in the promised land or something.. so i was hoping they would see her :(

i really liked the action scenes though, they were really cool!

gollumbells
January 18th, 2006, 04:08 AM
I knew they were remaking ff7 (or a sequel) but not a film. where can you get it from.
they should make ff4 in to a film because ff4 rules.

Sapphire Rose
January 18th, 2006, 06:06 AM
yea the film is the sequel, its set 2 years after the end of the game, hehe its really cool :D
umm.. well you can buy it on dvd from whereever you get your dvds.. my brother got it for so im not entierly sure how to get a hold of it...
sorry im not much help but my advice is to get it!!!

Eulrin
January 18th, 2006, 12:01 PM
As a long time fan of the game and the series i was anticipating its arrival for over 4 years!!! and WOW it was worth the wait.

Alot of people are complaining on how its a rip-off from the matrix etc due to the fighting scenes but i wouldn't agree. I mean, the matrix took that style from the japanease in the first place.

Anyway, i won't start a rant but if you havent played the game you may feel lost at times. But one thing to remember is that Advent Children relies alot on its imageary to convey some story arcs, if that makes any sense!!!!! :o i.e

The wolf seen about 3 - 4 times in the film represents clouds guilt aparently

Btw, im new! Great forums you guys got here too! :cool:

Sapphire Rose
January 18th, 2006, 02:36 PM
welcome Eulrin :)
i like you already hehehe any fan of FF is a friend of mine :D

Wulfa_Jones
January 19th, 2006, 03:36 PM
It looked pretty good but the plot was even more nonsensical than that of the game. Don't get me wrong, I loved the game but at times the story was a little crazy!

The battle scenes where amazing, but I would have liked to have seen the other characters get a little bit more screen time - it really was all about Cloud.

Oh yeah and Gun Blades are the coolest weapons ever.

I always said it was a shame that they wasted all that money on the "FF: Spirits Within". The {gaming} public wanted the usual FF mix of technology, magic and swords but didn't get it. While it still had the underlying environmental element to it, it was lacking in all other FF elements.

Off topic slighty...

Eulrin: Alot of people are complaining on how its a rip-off from the matrix etc due to the fighting scenes but i wouldn't agree. I mean, the matrix took that style from the japanease in the first place.

I totally agree. I can't stand it when people start going on about how this film or that film copied the Matrix. Japanese and Hong Kong cinema had been using FX in that style for years. The Matrix 1 ripped of a number fo anime films anyway as did the other two - giant robots anyone?