PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play Magic the card game??

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Lord Soth
October 30th, 2001, 10:18 PM
I just started and wondered if there were others here who played.

Alucard
October 31st, 2001, 02:48 PM
I havent played in a while, but I used to play all the time. Easily the greatest card game ever made. Very simple in design, but completely customizable. There are so many different styles of decks you can make that the possibilities are endless. I just haven't played for a while because of the last game I was in. When we play, we all take the top card off of our decks for ante, and the winner gets the pile. I lost three of my best cards that night....*grumble grumble*

Lord Soth
November 2nd, 2001, 02:12 AM
Ouch that would smart the old ego a bit http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/frown.gif I'm going to have to try and find some people who play up here in Stirling.

fluffy bunny
January 12th, 2002, 12:28 AM
Used to- but have stopped now.

Good fun, but a word of warning- don't spend too much on cards- they will be useless in 2 years time (sets circulate out of production and standard tournaments 2 years after production to make way for new sets= more money 4 WOTC).

Harry potter card game is also, just dumed down magic- can't argue with a winning formula i guess. I heard that the lord of the rings CCG is good as well.

Anyway my rant's over- still good fun though.

[This message has been edited by fluffy bunny (edited January 12, 2002).]