PDA

View Full Version : anyone play AD&D

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Loki
November 30th, 2000, 12:03 AM
does anyone here play AD&D? if you dont it stands for Advanced Dungeons and Dragons and its a fantasy roleplaying game. hehehe im a halfling beast-rider(fighter kit)

mestis
December 4th, 2000, 09:09 AM
Loki, have you ever heard of MUD? (Multi User Dimension or Dungeon) Its like AD&D but sometimes funner and more origanal and you can play online using telnet or Z-mud. (zugg's multi-user-dungeon client) Personaly I play a more RP oriented game called Cardea. You should try it out. E-mail at ominousblade@aol.com if you want info or anything.

Talis
December 6th, 2000, 10:06 AM
AD&D was just brilliant. I used to DM all through 5th to 8th grade. It's been almost 8 years since I last played. LOL...remember the 100 sided die?

SusF
November 29th, 2001, 09:49 AM
I played and DM'd good gosh... 20 years ago. Doesn't SEEM that long ago...

Fantastic game, waiting for Neverwinter Nights to come out.

Sus

matthewajg
November 30th, 2001, 03:25 AM
I've been playing for fifteen years now, started when I was twelve, and don't plan to stop playing until they shovel dirt onto my coffin. AD&D is a great game which has inspired me and forced my imagination to grow immensely over the years. Although for many it is all about treasure and exp. points, for me it always was and will be about the role-playing. In fact, it is AD&D which is responsible in many ways for my becoming an actor and theatre artist.

Fathom
December 6th, 2001, 06:07 PM
I played for several years during middle and high school. I mainly liked playing will all the different die. My character was a Half-giant fighter, which was quite fun to roleplay.

Ogg
January 18th, 2002, 09:15 AM
With our DM the ever-popular 4-sided dice was outlawed. We tented to use it as a projectile weapon against each other. It can leave a burse at two paces. http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/wink.gif

saintjon
January 18th, 2002, 09:32 AM
I spent a good part of my time in high school playing with the oddest bunch you could imgagine. I think the overall funniest adventure group we ever had was comprised of Father Hum, a halfling death priest who delighted in telling boring stories, a blade dancer elf who was unforgivably clumsy and Assaeril Swiftbeam a cynical, dutiful elven archer who constantly wondered how a blade dancer could be such a disgrace to elven society.
My funnest character to play was 'Eadsmasha, an orcish berserker, who after several adventures was reincarnated into the body of a gnome!

spade
February 14th, 2006, 02:19 PM
I am a DM for my "specialized" AD&D campaign and my last character was named Spade (real suprise huh) and was a specialty preist of Mielikki AKA a
Druid/Ranger (a very strict class) and I ended it at level 38 when my DM left the group and I got stuck being the DM. The NPCs they are traveling with are a Lvl. 18 Illusionist with nearly perfect stats who fights with a special made scythe to fit him, whilst my other NPC is a Lvl. 25 Ivorth(specialty priest of my own making)16/Fighter 9 who wields a magical Red Dragon slaying axe. I am in need of new NPCs for them to fight(I would prefer actual characters to have them rival against any contributions may help)
Peace Out