View Full Version : Hi! I'm Katie.

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

katie rox
January 12th, 2006, 01:15 AM
:cool: Hey,
my name is katie, i like writting storrys and and one day think of getting them published,
with the publishing i dont know what to do and how old do you have to be to publish your 1st book also if i as to send you a copy of my book is there any chance you could read over it and give me some tips on how i shld change it.

please write back to me ]
katie

Expendable
January 12th, 2006, 08:31 PM
If you can ask the question, you're old enough. But if you're under 18, your parents may have to sign your contracts with you.

Don't send your book to some place that wants you to pay to publish. This is a no no.

Katie, we have a story section here called the Community. Just click on the button on top that says "Stories" and do what it says to join. You can post the first chapter of your book there, then post a link here in this thread so we can go take a look at your story and we'll see what we can do, ok?

A chapter's safe - we don't know the end and it's a good place to start.

When you post your story, make sure you change the status from "draft" to "published" - nobody can see it if it's set to "draft".

If you have any questions, just ask. ^_^

-Ex.

JRMurdock
January 13th, 2006, 09:03 PM
And we're a bunch of mean, crass old coots that'll tear your work apart and send you running for the hills....

oh, wait, that's not us at all. Pfft. What was I thinking?

Glad to have you on board (pun intended). As Expendable said, if you can write it, and some one wants to pay you for it, you can get it published. Just don't pay anyone to publish you. That's never how the market was intended to work.

Happy posting.