PDA

View Full Version : How about Worst RPG ever?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Puddy
January 12th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Ephemerel Phantasia gets my vote. Damn that was an awful, awful game. The loading screens every 5 minutes was bad enough, but just about everything in that game was worthless.

Nick Rich
January 12th, 2006, 06:06 PM
I hated Breath of Fire IV. Also, Final Fantasy VII. Oh, and X.

I'm picky.

Pug
January 12th, 2006, 09:36 PM
I hated Breath of Fire IV. Also, Final Fantasy VII. Oh, and X.

I'm picky.

Worst? I get didn't like, but worst?

I don't know if I've played some truly wretched RPGs, but I know that Final Fantasy Mystic Quest for the SNES was pretty bad. You could destroy the final boss easily by casting cure on it.

And also Legend of Dragoon for the PS1. It's like it tried to be Final Fantasy with a little twist but you couldn't actually explore the world.

Tarn
January 13th, 2006, 06:52 AM
Knights of Old Republic 2. Awful, awful, awful. Especially if you compare it to the classic first game.

Puddy
January 13th, 2006, 11:12 AM
I actually played through that entire game a few years ago which was quite a while after the comparisons to FFVII were made and I really enjoyed it. It's not one of my favorites by any means, but I found it decent.

The next game I played after that was FFX... It took me about four tries to get through the beginning of that game because it starts out so lame ("2....3.....teach us how to blitz!!!"). Once you get transported to Spira though the game is pretty enjoyable.

I'm still sticking with Ephemerel Phantasia as the worst. The talking guitar, loading time, repetetive story, graphics, and just about everything make it so bad.

Banger
January 13th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Adventure for the Atari 2600.

"I am not a little box! I'm a heroic warrior, and this arrow-shaped thingy is my magical dragon-slaying sword!"

Lokithewicked
January 13th, 2006, 01:19 PM
i think the first Full-Metal Alchemist game was one to throw in the microwave, then into the air for a shotgun target. it was crap crap crap crap and crap

Lokithewicked
January 13th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Adventure for the Atari 2600.

"I am not a little box! I'm a heroic warrior, and this arrow-shaped thingy is my magical dragon-slaying sword!"
Lay off the atari man, it was a classic! lol, yeah that game was bad though

gollumbells
January 18th, 2006, 05:22 AM
Hey dont knock mystic quest for the snes. firs time i played it i didnt know how to change the spell thing to black magic or wizard. i defeated dark king without using cure on it.

ff5 is the worst i think. it is very slow (storyline) at the beginning and there is nowere to train your actuall level. it does get better at the end. ff9 comes second worst.

only played ff1,2,4,5,7,8,9,10,10-2,mystic quest

Broken Skies X
March 11th, 2006, 10:11 PM
One of the worst would have to be FF10-2, god, that was utter garbage, imo, and a disgrace to the final fantasy series, bleh,