PDA

View Full Version : lord of the rings tcg

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

fluffy bunny
January 22nd, 2002, 03:10 PM
Have started collecting it- whe else here plays it?

Alucard
January 22nd, 2002, 05:05 PM
I don't have a deck, I'm currently broke, but I used a friend's recently and the game was pretty fun. I like the aspect of travel, almost as if it's a race. Its a lot of fun if you have at least three players. I don't like the system as much as magic's, but I wasn't expecting to. All in all, a solid card game. I'll probably pick up some cards as soon as I get some extra money.

saintjon
January 23rd, 2002, 07:34 AM
Is that the same as Middle-Earth? I have a deck but have never played. I like the idea better than Magic, though.

fluffy bunny
January 23rd, 2002, 12:42 PM
Sorry- not the same as middle earth- middle earth is no longer produced- ICE lost the license to middle earth not too long ago, and decipher (who made star wars ccg, and star trek ccg) snapped it up, and made lotr tcg, which is the one u see in shops now).

saintjon
January 24th, 2002, 08:06 AM
Is it at all similar to Middle-Earth, or what?

fluffy bunny
January 24th, 2002, 11:59 AM
Totally incompatible with ur old cards.
Apart from that, I'm not quite sure how similar the 2 games are though- never played the middle earth tcg.

Araw
January 26th, 2002, 06:29 PM
the guy at the card shop in town that i frequent says that the gameplay is similar, but i will hold reservations till i actually play a game. Until then I will play the old game and drool at the artwork by McBride et al.

Araw

satis superque datum est