PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the PSP?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Dean
January 15th, 2006, 08:37 AM
What do you think of the PSP? Any improvements you would make?

cheese
January 15th, 2006, 01:12 PM
My brother has one and I have played it enough to know its strengths and weaknesses:
Good:- Nice size screen easy, controls easy
- Able to view movies and play music
- A few good racing games

My negative list weights out the good one by far.
- No hit games
- Small memory card
-useless as a MP3 player
- no special features in movies
- Games are just as expensive as ps2, gamecube, and xbox games though the PSP games are shorter
- Not a good variety of games
- No real hit game, and no good adventure or gun games that really appeal to me.
- Not enough games being made for PSP

Dean
January 15th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Hmmm yeah I agree that their aren't alot of good games but there are some and also I think it's way too expensive for memory sticks, also the Film volume is low without head phones, but other than that I would say It's excellent.

Shehzad
January 15th, 2006, 08:55 PM
I think that the PSP has evolved nicely as a multimedia convergance device. As a gaming device it is solid, but what sold me on it is the ability to play movies, see pictures and listen to music as well as surf the net. I like it.

cheese
January 15th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Though from my post it may sound like I hate it I dont..I actually quite enjoy it I just think that the next gen PSP needs to make some improvements over the original.

Dean
January 16th, 2006, 10:46 AM
I agree with what Shehzad is saying but I don't think storing pictures is that good of a feature, seen as we have phones and everything to store them on, and personally I wouldn't really get out my PSP to look at photos. I'm not saying that it is a bad feature or that it's wrong, just my opinion... :o

Shehzad
January 17th, 2006, 07:12 AM
I guess I'm taking it as an added bonus, especially since the phones available in the US have far fewer multimedia and PC-hookup capabilities. The screen displays pictures much better than my phone could or my Palm does.

Dean
January 17th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Yeah good point as my phone has problems connecting to my pc, to get images from it like wallpapers and stuff but I was wondering if it was easy to connect a PSP up to a computer with a sony cable because I bought several for my phone and they all didn't work.

Shehzad
January 17th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Any standard USB cable works-- such as the ones I have for my digital camera and my PDA.

After connection and activation of USB mode, the PSP shows up as an extra drive on My Computer, and copying is as simple as drag-and-drop.

Dean
January 18th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Great, thanks ;)