View Full Version : Oblivion

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

redgriffin
January 15th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Just wondering if any one is going to get “The Elder Scroll IV: Oblivion” when it comes out, I already have mien pre-ordered

trentdick2882
January 16th, 2006, 01:27 PM
I'll get it for the 360.

JamesL
January 17th, 2006, 04:44 AM
Oblivion looks great, though I never got into Morrowind. Loved Daggerfall however. :)

Tarn
January 17th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Pre-ordered it just the other day. :) For me it's probably the second most exciting entertainment thing coming out this year (just behind the V For Vendetta film).

I've played Morrowind for years, on and off, and absolutely loved it, despite the often clunky combat and interface. The depth of the world, in its architecture, religion, politics, history and society always astounded me. I finally completed the main quest a month-or-two back, having been playing for about 3 years now. Even though it's technically way behind, it was every bit as fun as when I first played it.

One thing I love about Morrowind is its ability to shift tone. One minute it can be damn scary, the next it's wondrous and awe-inspiring, then it can be very amusing, or tense, exciting...all kinds of experiences in a single game. I'm hoping Oblivion will achieve the same. It looks like it's going to be great - all the strengths of Morrowind and none of the weaknesses.

redgriffin
January 17th, 2006, 11:12 AM
I actually never have finished the game so I might try that but who cares theres lots of good mods for it whitch is what I love about it

Twistershift
February 10th, 2006, 05:23 PM
I can't wait for this game. It's gona be super sweet.

cheese
February 10th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Yeah im also planning to buy it for the Xbox 360. It looks great!

intensityxx
March 12th, 2006, 11:19 AM
I pre-ordered Oblivion for the PC. My specs are passable, but below the recommendations. I'm really excited about it; take a look at the demo videos (http://www.morrowind.com/downloads/media_movies.htm)! It's exciting but a bit scary to play it right away, before any tips, walkthroughs or mods exist. I just want to be immersed in another world, and this looks to be the game for it.

Tarn
March 12th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Reviews are starting to come in. All very good. Notably PC Gamer (UK) which seems to be very respected when it comes to its reviews gave it a fantastic write-up, and 93%.

Can't wait. This is going to be a great couple of weeks - V For Vendetta next weekend, and Oblivion the weekend after!!

intensityxx
March 13th, 2006, 09:24 PM
I have a question for you Morrowind pros. I have Morrowind but haven't played it yet, so I don't have a "feel" for how best to approach or play successfully in an Elder Scrolls game. For awhile Oblivion won't have mods, walkthroughs, or bug patches and I'll be fumbling around quite a bit. If you were me, would you start out by playing Morrowind for a few months while the pros trailblaze the Oblivion game, then play Oblivion when mods and hints appear and bugs are sorted out? I sort of dread all the long reading and traveling in Morrowind, when I could be playing Oblivion. But still...

Is this a stupid question?:o