PDA

View Full Version : Unreal tournament. . .

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Alucard
November 20th, 2001, 05:51 PM
Just out of curiosity, any unreal tournamnet fans in here? I'd have to say that it's my favorite first person shooter to date, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it (i've been playing it practically non-stop for two weeks now). Puts quake 3 to shame. Any one else here play?

fluffy bunny
January 3rd, 2002, 04:33 AM
Loved from when the demo came out.
Don't play it as much now (but i do play the mod tactical ops for it quite a bit), as aliens vs predator 2 and return to castle wolfenstein are out now.

Alucard
January 3rd, 2002, 10:01 AM
I haven't gotten to play aliens versus predator 2 yet, but I've heard it's a lot of fun. Hows the multiplayer on it?

I played the demo of catsle wolefenstein and I wasn't crazy about the single player mode, but the multiplayer was really fun. I like the mission assignments.

But I'm not sure why, but unreal has yet to be dethroned as far as fps games are concerned. I really like counter strike, and quake 3 is decent, but I still play unreal the most. Partly because I love the weapons. My favorite sniper rifle to date, and the flak cannon is genious.

fluffy bunny
January 9th, 2002, 12:54 AM
Have u seen the ingame screenshots for unreal 2?
http://www.unreal2.com

and it'll have multiplayer modes. By another company, and also using the unreal 2 engine is unreal warfare (the sequel to unreal tournament).

Have u played the quake 3 jailbreak mod?

AvP2, and RTCW are brilliant in terms of single player- haven't tried the multiplayer to b honest- still plugging thru the single player when i have time.

Other fps to consider imho (but are single player) as well as RTCW and AvP2 are operation flashpoint, system shock 2, soldier of fortune, deus ex, project igi

Alucard
January 9th, 2002, 08:29 AM
The screens of unreal 2 are amazing. Im going to need a new graphics when that one comes out.

i havent played quake 3 in a long time. I play for a clan on unreal, so whenever I have time for a game, its usually that one.

I really liked dues ex, and soldier of fortune was fun just because it was so over the top. Lots of ridiculous violence. Good stuff.

Didn't know about unreal warfare though. Thats some good news. Hopefully it'll be handled well.

Old_Wolf
January 11th, 2002, 06:59 AM
Loved Q1 and Q2 for the mods.
Hated Q3 the first time I played it.
Same ol', same ol'.

Loved Unreal and UT out of the box.
Still love UT. Infiltration, Strike Force, and Unreal Fortress. What more do you need?

http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/smile.gif

-Old_Wolf

fluffy bunny
January 12th, 2002, 12:15 PM
all those who wanna get together some time for a game of ut- plz post below- thinking of booking a server 4 an hour or so 4 boaad members only (gives me a chance to meet some people on these boards).

Alucard
January 12th, 2002, 05:31 PM
well, you already know that ill play (you are maj right?). But let me know when youll have a server up (and what mods, if any, will be necessary).

Alucard
January 12th, 2002, 05:34 PM
And I just found an interview on unreal tournament 2, and its sounding really good. There will now be outdoor levels, better balancing on the weapons and play modes, a much more diverse set of skins that are available for all servers), vehicles in some levels, and as always, more weapons. Sounds like it could be great. Release is currently 3rd qtr this year.

SirRob
February 14th, 2002, 03:05 AM
UT is good but it ain't as good as counter Strike which im totally addicted to. Ive hardly ever played UT online though.