PDA

View Full Version : Leonardo Da Vinci and time travel

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

curtbradbury
January 23rd, 2006, 02:48 PM
I need help locating a book I read in the 60's.

The plot was about a 20th Century scientist who invented a time machine and traveled back to the 15th century. The time travel affected his long term memory but he could remember enough details of 20th Century technology that he was able to invent war machines for a friendly warlord, who then became his protector. He was then able to pursue other interests, such as art and non-war inventions. His name in the 20th Century was Leo something (don't remember his last name) and when his protector (who was from Vinci, Italy) "adopted" him, his name became Leonardo Da Vinci.

I was in my teens at the time and memory dims but I remember it as a very well written novel and would like to read it again.

Any ideas?

Bob Lock
January 23rd, 2006, 05:08 PM
Ooohh Ooohh (raises hand!!) :)

I think I got this one...Manly Wade Wellman's Twice in Time?

Bob

at the moment amazon have 2 (expensive tho)
here:-
link (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006AV64I/qid=1138058024/sr=8-5/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i5_xgl14/104-9908060-4566353?n=507846&s=books&v=glance)

curtbradbury
January 24th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Bob,

Thanks, that's it!

Isn't the internet a great thing? I knew it had "Time" in the title and I've been searching for this book for years and would have never found it without a forum like this.

I did some searching and found a new (?) one for sale at alibris.com for $3.20 (the shipping was more than the book). I'm sure the book is probably not as good as I remember but it's stuck with me for more almost 40 years so maybe it is.

Bob Lock
January 24th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Ahh...nice one! worth the small price to pay to find out if it is a good as you remember :)
Now go find my thread on a book I'd like to read again! hehe
Bob