View Full Version : Baldur's Gate 2

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Dominus
November 5th, 2001, 03:08 PM
I have to say, that this is one of the best RPG games I have ever played, ever. The official site says it takes the average player about 200 playing hours to complete the main story line. That's not including the large amount of quests and subquests that add more on. This game is awwesome.
Your thoughts on this game and suggestions for others are welcome.

Alai
February 9th, 2002, 07:14 AM
Indeed, Baldur's Gate 2 is the greatest RPG of all times. Diablo II by the way is not, it's not even a real RPG, just hack n'slash.

fluffy bunny
February 13th, 2002, 07:10 AM
It just lacks the cameraderie of people around a table dossing around.

Alai
February 14th, 2002, 02:32 AM
just wait 'til neverwinter nights get here.

durnhelm
March 14th, 2002, 06:45 AM
I read somewhere that Diablo was very similar to Baldur's Gate. Whoever it was must have been blind, stupid, or paid handsomely by the publishers to lie and sell their product. I found it more reminiscent of the Faerie Tale Adventure (anyone still remember that)but not as good.

Anyway I claimed the game crashed and took it back. Nearly wasted twenty pounds. Phewwww!!!

Mod note: Durnhelm... sometimes when you post... it may take a while for your post to actually show up in the topic, hitting refresh sometimes helps. I am assuming this is why you had three post saying the exact same thing... you though you had been unsuccessful in posting, just give it a bit of time Brother :D

durnhelm
March 14th, 2002, 06:50 AM
I read somewhere that Diablo was very similar to Baldur's Gate. Whoever it was must have been blind, stupid, or paid handsomely by the publishers to lie and sell their product. I found it more reminiscent of the Faerie Tale Adventure (anyone still remember that)but not as good.

Anyway I claimed the game crashed and took it back. Nearly wasted twenty pounds. Phewwww!!!

Qin
June 3rd, 2002, 04:50 AM
Baldur's Gate I still feels more enjoyable than Shadows of Amn. More wandering for phat lewt, and less need to pursue any particular story-line. I.E.: AD&D at it's best. Besides, Imoen became a whining gas-bag in SoA, which detracted from the enjoyment of the game.

fluffy bunny
November 14th, 2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Alai
just wait 'til neverwinter nights get here.

still lacks the cameradarie around the table, and u lose the non-verbal cues (the players and the dm eyeing each other up clint eastwood style b4 an in game scrap etc)

Also not enough of the visualisation is left to the imagination

kegasaurus
November 15th, 2002, 12:18 PM
You want to know what the best role playing game of all time is?

Look Below.

Its called your life, adn by christ if you play the bastard properly, its by far the best game on the planet.

fluffy bunny
November 15th, 2002, 01:33 PM
"Its called your life, adn by christ if you play the bastard properly, its by far the best game on the planet. "

Ah- 'tis only a brief escape from reality like immersing yourself in a good book or a film, or having a tad too much to drink. Don't be too hard on us