PDA

View Full Version : Underworld:Evolution - SPOILERS!!!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

-Asher-
January 23rd, 2006, 06:16 PM
First off a couple of questions
1> Where did the first movie take place ??
I thought it was set in America - but now in the second movie, the people all speak a foreign language (russian I think).
2> Didn't Kraven die in the first movie ? - blown up with a grenade or something? - He is in this movie!

Spoilers
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
The first movie kinda made sense, Vampires battling Lycans because of an age old feud. Viktor wanting to keep the bloodline pure. Selene finding out her family was killed by the vampires, thus turning her against her clan and Viktor.

Now the second movie opens in 1202 with a group of Vampire knights, led by Viktor hunting down William, the first Lycan because he is rampaging across the land destroying villages and creating more and more Lycans, because it seems, anyone he kills turns. With Viktor is Marcus, who it turns out is not only William's brother, but also the very first Vampire. Who naturally doesn't want his brother killed. A battle of will between Viktor and Marcus ends with Viktor winning, but promising not to kill William. Which they finially do, and Viktor imprisons William for "all time"

I won't recap the entire movie, but the story is Marcus awakens, and wants to release his brother. We find out why Selene's family was destroyed and why she was saved (but this makes NO SENSE!!!), we meet Corvinus who runs a covert military unit which cleans up after all the battles between Vamps and Lycans, to keep them secret, but he turns out to be a moron.

Alot of senseless battles, a painfully non erotic love scene and a final rating of 1 out of 5.

Eulrin
January 26th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Biggest pile of wank i ve seen, EVER!!!

The story slightly cleaned up on the mess that was the first movie. Many events lacked motive, the characters were pale and shallow, and the directing was crap.

While watching i felt cheated, as though many scenes had been ripped off from other films, "nightwatch" springs to mind.

Also, this guy corvinus.... in the first film, michael was chosen by the lycans as a test subject because he was a descendant of the corvinus family. So why wasnt this addressed in the the film when both michael and the immortal corvinus were standing in the same room!

Alltogether a pathetic movie with little to no substance. I cannot believe a story arc was attempted to to be woven for a third outing at the end.

AVOID at all costs.

um... it was hinted at that when the original vampire and werewolve were killed, all in their bloodline would cease. So why after they were killed, we get the inevetable setup for undy3 saying how dark and waring times lie ahead????? this made no sense and contradicted the rest of the film!