PDA

View Full Version : Editing

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Haneul
January 28th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Does anyone in here edit their works themselves? How long do you usually wait after writing a peice before editing it? I've learned to at least wait a month or so before going back to edit your own work. Whatcha gotta say?

kater
January 28th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Moved to Writing - welcome to sffworld Haneul, you might want to try this recent thread, here (http://www.sffworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12805)

Expendable
January 28th, 2006, 11:11 PM
It depends on how long the piece is. So for something short, I might wait five minutes to an hour. Something longer, like a book - 2-4 weeks.

JamesL
January 30th, 2006, 06:12 AM
I found that one of my biggest problems in writing was that I would edit as I went. I had an innate inability to continue with a paragraph unless I was completely happy with the previous lines. This led to a situation where I could spend an hour trying to write a couple of lines, and was not particularly productive.

Now I tend to write until I finish a chapter (usually this takes a good few days) then I head back to the start and edit it.

Sid_Fallon
January 31st, 2006, 01:56 AM
I edit similarly, though I make myself wait five chapters before beginning to edit the first.