PDA

View Full Version : Prison Break and U.S. TV

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

kater
January 30th, 2006, 07:14 AM
I caught the first episode of Prison Break the other night and loved the concept. Great start to a series and one I will definitely be watching more of. Then yesterday I caught the episode of Bones I missed from Thursday, again great writing, very witty with a decent story. Every good TV series I seem to be watching at the moment is from US television, is this just me?

-Asher-
January 30th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Prison Break is pretty good and has run half a season and hasn't disappointed. (except for the last episode, hopefully they salvage it when it returns.)

If you like Bones, enjoy it while you can, FOX - the channel it runs on has decided to run it against LOST which will probably kill it.

cheese
January 30th, 2006, 11:28 PM
I watched the first few episodes of Prison Break..Was looking for a good show to get into. I enjoyed it at first but is it just me or does it seem a bit unrealistic and cheesey. I almost find it overwhelming. I thought it was pretty good but sort of forgot about it after a while.

Khallandra
January 31st, 2006, 02:30 AM
I'm obsessed with Prison Break - I only just started watching it 2 weeks ago and exhausted the episodes pretty quickly! Not usually my kinda show but I adore it! Plus double points for Wentworth Miller ;)

milamber_reborn
February 4th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Just watched the first 2 hours and I'm hooked. I wasn't going to bother with it as I'm already watching too much TV, but the media were building it up like they did with Lost last year so I knew it was my kind of show.

Wulfa_Jones
February 7th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Haven't had a chance to watch Prison Break yet, doesn't really look like something I'd enjoy - not into prison releated films or tv. From what I understand the concept is that some bloke gets arrested and imprisoned for something he "didn't do". But the guy's brother is the bloke who designed the prison and he tries to break him out?

I did watch the first couple of episodes of Bones but I didn't like it. I don't know why... the way it was shot put me off, suppose I'm used to the way the likes of CSI and co are shot - they look more film like in quality. Bones had the look of a cheaper show or a soap. The story didn't grab either and now it's up against House M.D. so it's got no chance.

I'm also quite enjoying Supernatural on ITV2. It's like the X-Files minus the UFO and Government conspiracies - so stuff like ghosts, demons and monsters.

I'd agree that at the moment the US is back producing some interesting, high quality TV. They stopped doing it during the "reality TV" craze which now seems to be claming down.