PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter 3

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

saintjon
April 10th, 2002, 05:54 AM
I spent all of last semester getting hooked on this damn arcade machine which was right outside my class. The machine is gone now, and there will forever be a gap in the souls of me and my friends where Street Fighter 3 lived.

So I'm curious. Any Street Fighter players around? Which character do you use? Yun's my boy, his speed/mobility are great for taking on those herds of Shotokan fighters.

Alucard
April 10th, 2002, 07:47 AM
I used to be an arcade junky. I would go whenever I could scrape up enough money to completely waste. But yes, I played street fighter 3 quite a bit (though, not as much as the marvel versus capcom games). My two favorites were always Dudley and Necro. Dudley could combo like a madman, especially in the corner, and necro, once you got past his odd fighting style, became the ultimate pain in the ass.

saintjon
April 12th, 2002, 07:19 AM
Cool, I never played a Necro fighter before. I've come across the occasional Dudley though, I usually win. Yun has some blisteringly fast combos, that I just love to use. Mostly my style was based on controlling the tempo of the fight, using his leaping-punch move to get close, land a quick combo, and then backflip to the other side of the screen before the other guy can retaliate. If I did it well, I could completely dominate players who were actually, probably better than me. How do you fight with Necro though?

Alucard
April 12th, 2002, 07:36 AM
Necro is great when you figure out his timing. He has a lot of defensive moves that will nail the agrresive players (especially those who jump in), and his combos do a ton of damage (and are very easy to pull after a tech hit). But he is all in the timing.

With dudley, the trick is playing very agrressively. If you can get the other player in the corner, his combos can actually kill them even at full life (though, I've never been good enough to pull the entire string off). They toned him down in second impact and third strike because of this.

Also, I'm not spectacular with her, but if you can do her combos (which are hard as hell), Ibuki can be really good. I was playing at a convention who actually owned the arcade board, and he was doing fourteen hit combos without the corner. It was nuts.

saintjon
April 13th, 2002, 05:44 AM
Damn, that's impressive. Actually, I only played the original once, our machine was second impact. I want to track down a third strike machine somewhere. I've played it a couple times on Dreamcast, but that damn controller just doesn't do the game justice. Character animations aren't as good at home either.

I can't get into Marvel vs. Capcom (we have a machine at our school where SF3 used to be). However, I went to the arcade and tried Mvs.C 2 and thought it was great. I think with practice I could be really good at that game.