View Full Version : Final Fantasy

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

perfume
May 22nd, 2002, 11:49 PM
Final Fantasy is my favourite PC game series, I love it's attracting story and cool images, but more importantly, I love the feeling of attacking the monsters and winning the beauty, I wonder how many of u played and love this series.

Miriamele
May 31st, 2002, 12:38 PM
I've played Final Fantasy 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9. It's my favourite video game series by far. 7 is my favourite. I've played that game 3 times.

Which ones have you played Perfume? Is it hard to get those in China?:)

saintjon
June 4th, 2002, 05:17 PM
I've played'em all. Except for Final Fantasy Legend 1 on Game Boy. Or the chocobo games, which don't count IMO.

Sweet games, but lately I've been appreciating some of the other companies' RPG's, like Konami's Suikoden or Capcom's Breath of Fire, as a chance for something different.

Breath of Fire 4 in particular has really impressed me so far, I love the concepts (characters, settings, artwork). I haven't been able to play it much, though, since all we have is a burnt copy which doesn't work very well. My brother tells me it's not very long, but still very much worthwhile.

Come to think of it, I haven't played 10, possibly won't ever, since I'm not crazy about buying a PS2.

Miriamele
June 4th, 2002, 08:55 PM
Hi again saintjon.

I also have played Breath of Fire 3 and 4. Although the 3-D aspect of 4 really bugged me, I really liked the game. I can't tell you how many hours I spent trying to catch every single kind of fish. And I did it, eventually.

I won't play FF X either for the same reason, but from what I hear it's not that great anyway. Just a lot of awesome graphics, but not much else that's worthwhile. And the characters look like they're from California or something, which doesn't thrill me. I think the old school Final Fantasies are better by far.

fluffy bunny
June 4th, 2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Miriamele

I won't play FF X either for the same reason, but from what I hear it's not that great anyway. Just a lot of awesome graphics, but not much else that's worthwhile

That's what I thoughy of FF 8 and 9

saintjon
June 5th, 2002, 09:03 AM
Hey! I loved 9! It was like they shot a king-size dose of saintjon prozac directly into my brain!!!

It had one of the best abililty systems IMO. All hail character-specific powers!!! The BEST one was probably the job system though, that they used for part 5 and Tactics.

Miriamele, how'd you like that anime intro for Breath of Fire 4? I thought it was amazing, but I was pissed that they didn't even sub the dialogue. It is friggin' hard to see in towns and stuff eh? Too crowded.

Miriamele
June 5th, 2002, 11:24 AM
Yeah, that intro to BoF IV was pretty cool. It's too bad it's in Japanese though. Although maybe not--I read a translation of it once on gamefaqs.com and the words were kind of dumb, didn't really make much sense. Yeah, the town thing is why I hate 3-D backgrounds. You often can't see where you're going, even if you rotate the screen. Not only that, but a lot more detail can be put into the background if it doesn't have to move. Think of some of the backdrops for the later FF's--they look like paintings in many cases.

I kind of liked FF IX too, but not the characters themselves. There wasn't a single one that I really liked. And the main character looks like a rat...

Qin
June 14th, 2002, 02:50 AM
I don't know about you, but Shenmue completely kicked my arse and proved that Final Fantasy still had a ways to go. Well, with the exception of FF VII, which was liquid lightning.

Giroth
August 3rd, 2002, 09:39 PM
I played Final Fantasy 7 and 8 only. They're really good.:D

milamber_reborn
August 5th, 2002, 01:37 AM
There's a new Shenmue game coming out and it looks sweet. Not that I've ever played it.