PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know the name of this 70's or 80's Sci-fi / Fantasy Cartoon Movie

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Maximus1001
February 9th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Okay I don't remember the plot very well cause I watched it when I was a kid. I kept seeing it in the video store and it would catch my eye because of the cartoon pure red soldier on the cover.

I remember a couple of the characters. One of the main characters rode a funny looking horse. He may have been hunting the rest of the heros but can't remember for sure. He may have been good toward the end. He was all red and had a black rifle. I think I remember that he didn't speak and he There was also a veluptuous Pixie woman.

This was no children's cartoon either, it was very violent and somewhat adult oriented. It reminded me of parts of Heavy Metal.

Anyone know the name of this cartoon movie?

The red soldier didn't seem to belong in the fantasy world very well. He was sort of high tech and looked like a gangly pure red slumped over storm trooper with a storm trooperish helmet.

Zsinj
February 9th, 2006, 07:40 PM
It's "Wizards". Directed by none other than Ralph Bakshi, the one notorious for the animated LOTR Movie. But don't let that stop you, this is a great movie! It's set in a post-apocalyptic earth where magic and mystical races are returning to the world.

ArthurFrayn
February 9th, 2006, 09:01 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001NBMIK/002-4493124-1828856?v=glance&n=130

For my money, the best thing about the film is the Mike Ploog storyboards at the beginning of the film.
Beauty...

Maximus1001
February 9th, 2006, 09:51 PM
:D Thats Great,

You've brought back a lot of memories for me. I used to watch it all the time & can't believe my parents let me. They must have thought it was a harmless cartoon & never really paid attention to what I was watching.

I gotta go rent it now......

I think I remember that "Peace" was a hunter or assasin after them all.