New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Holbrook
February 11th, 2006, 04:19 AM
Think folk might be interested.

http://habidabad.com/sequel.htm

Dawnstorm
February 11th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Interesting news. I liked the Dark Crystal, but unlike many, I didn't think it was the stellar film that others said it was. (I loved the puppets, the world, etc.; but the story wasn't anything special, I thought). This is the ideal constellation for a sequal, because I risk nothing by watching it. :)

I like Genndy Tartakovsky's work, too (especially, Dexter's Lab, and Power Puff Girls [which he produced, only, I think). So this sounds good, really.

saintjon
February 11th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Very cool! It's been a couple years since I last saw Dark Crystal, I'd like to watch it again before this comes out but I'm there!

Rob B
February 11th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Aside from Jim Henson himself, they've got all the original people signed up to do this thing (Brian Henson, Brian Froud), so this can really be a good movie.

Merancapeman
February 13th, 2006, 10:21 AM
I loved the old one, and I'd massacre them for attempting a sequel would it not be against the law to do so. It makes me quite upset to hear that news. Selling the muppets to Disney was a mistake, and now Brian Henson just HAD to fool around a little more with his father's masterpieces. In honesty, Brian is a creative guy who can do great things, but I wish he'd leave ol' Jimmy's stuff alone. Ugh... Call me pessimistic, but I don't think this will be as much of a hit as the first one. It's the age of remakes, folks.

Muess
February 14th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Hey, you don't have to watch it and a bad sequel won't make the original any worse.

Personally I'm looking foward to it. It will be interesting to see how they can evolve from the original.