PDA

View Full Version : Trying to recall book name and author?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Indee
March 8th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Maybe, 10 or 11 years ago, I read a trilogy. The main premise of the trilogy was the return to earth of a group of genetically engineered humans. These 'humans' were created as a warrior race. What made them unique was that each 'individual' possesed one mind but lived in two bodies (or something like that).

I just can't remember the name of the author that wrote these books and was wondering if anyone else was familiar with them.

Archren
March 8th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Not certain about this, but the one-mind-two-bodies things brings to mind Christopher Hinz's Paratwa trilogy.

"Liege-Killer"
"Ash Ock"
"The Paratwa"

Let us know if that hit the button. :)

Indee
March 8th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Not certain about this, but the one-mind-two-bodies things brings to mind Christopher Hinz's Paratwa trilogy.

"Liege-Killer"
"Ash Ock"
"The Paratwa"

Let us know if that hit the button. :)

Yep, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks. As soon as you mentioned 'Hinz's' name, I knew that was what I was looking for, but I just couldn't recall it.

Fanderay
March 15th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Well, this is the first time I've ever come across anybody else who has actually read these books. I really enjoyed the first one but was a bit disappointed in the following books... when it turns out the technology that created the paratwa was alien. I still enjoyed the series overall and was only thinking about these books yesterday.

Indee
March 16th, 2006, 01:55 AM
I read this trilogy a long time ago. For the life of me, I do not know what made me think of them again. I actually found a copy of all three books at the used book store where I live, and snatched them up.

I do recall some of the plotpoints and such, and remember liking the first book much more than the last two. I guess enough time has passed though that I'll be able to read them again and maybe enjoy them.

I did just pick up a book by S.M. Sterling titled 'Dies the Fire' that I really didn't think I'd like as much as I am. It's funny actually, I haven't read much sci fi in the last five years or so but am definitely swinging back that way as of late.

highlordb
March 16th, 2006, 08:27 PM
I actually just re-read this series and once again thourghly enjoyed it.