PDA

View Full Version : The Last Unicorn ( 1982).

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

DarthBoy
March 9th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Excellent animated cult fantasy flick from the makers of "Thundercats" and "Flight of Dragons" about a unicorn who thinks she is the last of her kind as she wonders into the dangerous but magical world beyond her, she meets a handful of characters including a wizard that changes her into a beautiful human maidan to fool the bad guys who have the unicorns of the world hostage, a prince falls for her and she must decide in three days weither to be human or save the unicorns.

Unique animated movie that is sad, funny and exciting with a feel good ending, good animation, good voice acting ( by Mia Farrow, Jeff Bridges, Alan Arkin, Christopher Lee, Robert Klein, Angela Lansbury, and Rene Aubejenos), action, romance, suspense and a hot cartoon babe for the guys.

Highly recommended! it's been a childhood fave of mine next to "Dark Crystal" and "Secret of NIMH",

Miriamele
March 9th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Yes, The Last Unicorn is a good movie. It just came out on DVD about a year ago, didn't it?

Teresa Edgerton
March 9th, 2006, 11:53 PM
I liked that movie very much, though I wouldn't call the animation a plus -- too static for my taste. The voice work was excellent, and the script managed not to make a hash of the book, which is one of my all-time favorites.

But I'm really looking forward to the new version. I hope that's still going to come out; I haven't heard anything about it in ages.

Evil Agent
March 10th, 2006, 01:04 AM
I don't think I ever saw the original, somehow. I would like to rent it.

I believe there is still a new version being made, and I know that Christopher Lee did voicework for a major character in the cartoon, and he is supposed to play the same character in the new version.