PDA

View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica Season 2 Finale (SPOILERS)

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

SusanRae
March 11th, 2006, 10:55 PM
SPOILERS

Last night the Battlestar Galactica season finale (2) aired in the US. I have to say I was quite surprised by where the story was taken. I mean, it's pretty crazy when you shoot forward an entire year halfway through an episode. I really hate that Baltar won the election, but it makes sense for having more to work with in continuing the show.

"New Caprica" really seems to have ensured the end of humanity. Who knows what the cyclons have planned in their occupation of the human habitat.

Anyone think there are more survivors from the 12 colonies. I'd really think there would be more than just those that Starbuck found. I guess nuclear fallout doesn't leave much choice in survival.

Roslin really needs to be president again. She's pretty awesome.

Anyhow, I must mention that I am super pissed that they aren't airing the next season until OCTOBER. I mean come on? Waiting until July would have been doable, but October? That's a huge stretch to wait for a new season. Maybe I could find a friend in the Uk who could send me some episodes. Ha. We'll see. I really loved that last years season premier was the same time as comic con international. It's super fun to watch the premier of a show in a room with hundreds of other fans just as excited.

Shehzad
March 17th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Great episode. Must say Baltar has been digging his grave deeper and deeper.

Leiali
March 22nd, 2006, 11:24 AM
We're only half way through the second series in the UK, so if anyone sends you copies, it would be of stuff you have already seen!

SusanRae
March 22nd, 2006, 03:09 PM
I was under the impression that the UK was ahead of us. Guess I was wrong!

kater
March 26th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Yeah the UK is half a season behind but being impatient I have followed the series thanks to a friend in the US :D And yeah wow what a chance they've taken shifting it forward so far. Plenty of shows have done it, Alias springs to mind as being equally as daring but it really didn't pan out for Alias so I'm crossing my fingers for BSG. This second season has been absolute fantastic, the best show on TV imo, the middle of the series with the various cliffhangers and revelations was something else. It seems to be the m.o of the site and it's writers to really take chances with the script and leave the viewer uncertain where it is going. I like the way 6 has been setting up Baltar all along and then they sprang it all on in the last episode. It'll be interesting to see what Adama and Adama do - have the cyclons left Caprica? If so will they go back there to stock up and come in blazing? So many questions and at least six months to wait, plenty of time to go back and watch them again :D

Incarnadine
June 22nd, 2006, 09:36 AM
I came across a really great article discussing the parallels of Battlestar Galactica and current events:
http://www.breakpoint.org/listingarticle.asp?ID=2446

mrwizard
June 22nd, 2006, 03:39 PM
thanks for the link. I'll read it now. I just finished season 2 on Sunday.