PDA

View Full Version : Critique: A fictional blog.

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Matov
March 12th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Hello. New here and only just starting to write. Recently finished part one of a fictional blog and would be interested in your feed back on it. Its been a labour of love rather than anything I want to get published in the conventional sense.

To give you some background I am one of those happy souls who loves nothing more than drinking rough red wine and having cheerful chats about all sorts of post-apoloypitic type senarios and have based my 'blog' on the experiences of a British based survivor of that excellent old PA standard, an old fashioned 'Super Plague'.

http://dontdream.blogspot.com/

Looking forward to spending some more time here.

kater
March 12th, 2006, 11:55 AM
One thing that immediately springs to mind, paragraphs - it needs lots of them :D Rather than being one large chunk of text.

Matov
March 12th, 2006, 01:26 PM
One thing that immediately springs to mind, paragraphs - it needs lots of them :D Rather than being one large chunk of text.

:)

Fair comment. It was all I could do to 'cut & paste' the thing to the Blog, let alone tackling the formating but I will give it a go.

Holbrook
March 12th, 2006, 01:49 PM
The devil is in the details, if you want folks to read it you format it the best possible way. If you submit to a publisher you follow their submission details down to the very last detail.;)

Getting people to read the work is the first and often the hardest thing to do.

Matov
March 12th, 2006, 04:11 PM
The devil is in the details, if you want folks to read it you format it the best possible way. If you submit to a publisher you follow their submission details down to the very last detail.;)

Getting people to read the work is the first and often the hardest thing to do.

I have written it more as an exercise in getting me writing rather than thinking of having it commercially published but I do take your points on board. The blogging format just seemed the easiest way for me to make it available for public perusal.