wynterfel
March 19th, 2006, 05:08 AM
Best:
Lord of the Rings, Battle for Middle Earth

Worst:
Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time

cheese
March 19th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Robert Jordan made the Wheel of Time not Terry Goodkind :confused: ..Since when have they had a Wheel of Time game anyways?..The Lord of the Rings games weren't that bad, other then that I can't really think of anything else at the moment.

Gildor
March 19th, 2006, 05:52 PM
The best Lotr's inspired game i've played on is something called 'Last days'. It's a free mod for the mount and blade game that's in development. Its such good fun! Plus it gets updated fairly often so you know there is always someone working to get it just that bit better!

Though im not really to aware of any other games derived from books, wasn't there a discworld one? And the Dune games were meant to be good though i've not played on them.

wynterfel
March 20th, 2006, 09:29 AM
my bad, yep Robert Jordan wrote the Wheel of Time. thanks for pointing that out to me cheese

and yep, there definitely is a game based on WoT -- it was really sucky though.

I haven't played any games based on Dune or Ringworld though.

cheese
March 20th, 2006, 09:52 AM
my bad, yep Robert Jordan wrote the Wheel of Time. thanks for pointing that out to me cheese

and yep, there definitely is a game based on WoT -- it was really sucky though.

I haven't played any games based on Dune or Ringworld though.

No Problem :) ..What console was the WoT on? Or was it on computer?

milamber_reborn
March 20th, 2006, 04:48 PM
I used to own the WOT game. It was quite innovative at the time and based on the Unreal Engine. I'd say it was a success, because it could easily have been turned into a crap 1st person shooter.

Best: Betrayal at Krondor, Return to Krondor (Raymond E. Fiest)

saintjon
March 23rd, 2006, 06:42 PM
I thought the Wheel of Time game was a 1st person shooter :confused: .

I never played any Dune games either but one of them was one of the first RTS and was said to be crazy good, I wouldn't mind trying a ROM of it.

kater
March 23rd, 2006, 09:21 PM
I loved the Discworld games and yeah Dune was one of if not the first RTS game, it is v.highly rated :)

Eventine
March 23rd, 2006, 09:35 PM
Are you talking about Dune 1 or 2 there kater? Dune 2 was a full RTS, but the first only utilised it in parts.

kater
March 24th, 2006, 05:48 AM
Very much Dune 2, which was a great game when I first played it even if it looks a touch dated now.