PDA

View Full Version : FlashSpec Anthology

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Erebus
April 8th, 2006, 05:34 AM
Greetings all,

I have asked the all-powerful overlords of SFFW if I could start a detailed discussion on this topic and I'm sure they will let me know soon enough. :)

In the meantime, any one who likes writing and reading flash fiction, of a speculative nature, may like to look HERE (http://www.flashspec.com).

If this post is deemed inappropriate, please feel free to remove it.

Erebus
April 8th, 2006, 11:47 AM
The mods have given me the thumbs up so I'd love to hear some feedback from anyone who's checked out the link above and read about our new FlashSpec project.

Expendable
April 8th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Is it open to everyone? Or do you have to be Austrialian?

Erebus
April 8th, 2006, 12:23 PM
As it says in the submission guidelines:

We are seeking submissions from Speculative Fiction Authors worldwide...

So yes, open to everyone. :)

BrianC
April 8th, 2006, 01:23 PM
All right, I'll take up your challenge, knave! *picks up glove and slaps Erebus across the face*

Seriously, I'm starting on my submission now. I say everybody who posts regularly at SFFW should submit. Let's bury 'em!

One question though, the guidelines allow for "dark/supernatural themes" and does this include ghost stories? I'd expect so, buy I want to be sure.

Erebus
April 8th, 2006, 08:36 PM
One question though, the guidelines allow for "dark/supernatural themes" and does this include ghost stories?

Absolutely! :)

Erebus
April 8th, 2006, 09:27 PM
There appears to have been some confusion with how the submission details were posted and understood. Accordingly, the Guidelines page has been amended, hopefully clarifying the submission process. Please make sure you read all the Guidelines thoroughly if you are submitting.

MrBF1V3
April 8th, 2006, 10:58 PM
I haven't submitted anything to anyone in a long time, but hey, since you asked. Worst case--nothing happens. (I could start papering my desktop with e-rejection slips:rolleyes: )

I'm not really good with short. But if I can construct something suitable, I'll give it a shot.

Are you allowed to mention when this will be published, and if anyone we know will be included?

B5

BTW--anyone know a good opening sentence?

Erebus
April 8th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Are you allowed to mention when this will be published, and if anyone we know will be included?

The release date is anticipated for September 2006.

As for knowing anyone....well I'll have a few stories in there too. ;)

GhostShell
April 9th, 2006, 01:02 AM
How the bob of joe do you write a story in 1000 words max?:confused:

I have a new intro i'm working on that is 810 and i haven't even gotten to the story yet.

I'd love to enter but i don't have a clue how to start-develop-and-end a story in under 1000 words.

If anyone has any guidelines or basic principles for it then please send them my way.