PDA

View Full Version : D&D Online

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Glelas
April 11th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Anyone playing D&D Online? I have still in the box, haven't had any desire to play yet...any views?

Erfael
April 11th, 2006, 10:30 AM
I love the game. I currently no longer play it for now. It has one of the best RP communities of any game and lends itself well to player-created stories. The dungeon crawls are atmospheric and interesting.

The problem for me is that I'm just not like most of the internet generation any more. MOST of the community in the game is there to go through things as fast as they can. There is a small community of really good RP/slow players who want to experience the content as their characters would (at a reasonable rate), but overwhelmingly the community is made up of people who, as one of my guildies put it, are of the Cult of Zerg.

So it was very hard to find a group that would want to go slowly and explore things, especially as I went up in level. I just don't have the time or willingness these days to spend over an hour just getting a group together to do something. So I think if Turbine had set up some sort of slow-play server or somehow made the grouping interface in such a way that it would be easier to find similar players, I'd still be there. For now, though, I'm waiting for the power-players to get bored and leave. I'm sure I'll head back later, once the "opening day" shine wears off for the kiddies.

(If you don't mind be ushered through dungeons and not knowing what's going on at all because you're in a fast group, you may love the game.)