PDA

View Full Version : Hello - New to the Forum

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

WeAreLegion
April 12th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Just wanted to say hi since I am new and lurking.

Name's Dan or Legion, whichever suits you. :p I happened upon this forum and since I have recently started working on my 'Epic Fantasy' novel again (Been working on them ohhh...Jesus 16 + years now?) I thought it would be nice to meet others who also are into the Sci-fi Fantasy scene.

Anyhow...forgive my forum etiquette since I'm a regular at video game forums (ign.com) and well, the conversation there is rarely intellectual.

I have no doubt I will most likely stop writing again since I have not been able to keep it up for long, well not since I was a teen, but if I do it would be nice to have a group to get feedback and advice from.

Guess that's it. Later!

GhostShell
April 12th, 2006, 10:11 PM
First of, let me give you a warm welcome to SFF.
Its great to have you here but don't restict yourself to the writing section, go have a look about too, there are some great stories and great author discussions...crap, i sound like a publisist.

Anyhow, i'm GhostShell or Chris, depending on how the day goes.

Why do you stop writing? Why do you not do as well as in your teens.

P.S. Nice name; legion, very nice.

and don't worry about how mish-mash my message structure is here, its not a reflexion of the forum, i just like to scare the new people with it. LOL

Chris.

JRMurdock
April 13th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Welcome Legion.

Writing is very hard work, but one thing I'll add: It's better to have written, than to be writing. So stick with it and you'll see what I mean. I've written 6 novels and I'm working on my 7th and I've completed over 100 short stories. It's an incredible rush to be done. Once you get that bug, you'll want it again and again and again. You'll get greedy for it. You won't just want it on Christmas....

Sorry, I'm quoting Scrooged. I guess that means I'm done with my rant. :D

Welcome Dan. Well met!

WeAreLegion
April 13th, 2006, 05:56 PM
QUOTE:Why do you stop writing? Why do you not do as well as in your teens.

Well I guess I would say the main reason I stop writing is that I am easily distracted...and of course deal with bouts of "This crap sucks." every few years. ;)

In High School...well I was not:

1. Married
2. Waiting for my first child to be born
3. Working

...and I did not have a life. lol

Thanks for the warm welcome. I will be honest I am just getting back into things so I am just trying to write a little (Mostly brain-storming ideas as opposed to the re-write on the actual novel) each day.

I hope to be around a bit!