PDA

View Full Version : Psp2

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

gollumbells
May 2nd, 2006, 08:54 AM
Ive stopped buying the ps2 mags because i read them in 1and a hlf hours. i saw they are bringing out a psp2 and it said about playing ps1 games on it. is that the actual ps1 disc or is it something to do with downloads. any info on it would be helpfull

Muess
May 3rd, 2006, 09:29 AM
More likely it will be download and play via official emulation if they do. The PSP is un-portable enough without making it big enough to play regular PS1 CDs.

There's always another console in the works for any major manufacturer but they wouldn't release any solid info on the PSP2 yet as it's to early in the PSP1's lifecycle.

Sony have started work on the PS4, Microsoft are currently developing the X-Box 720 and Nintendo are in the planing stages of the Wii followup the Poooo ;)

You heard it here first :D

kater
May 3rd, 2006, 05:40 PM
LOL :D I think the PSP2 rumours are bordering on legitimate though, most of the major film companies are canning the UMD format so that whole area of the PSP appeal has been shut down thus Sony must surely respond with something new and less dumb. I'd imagine given that Sony are trying to out-Live Live with the Playstation Network Platform (on-line service to the non-marketing exec) that playing PS1 games on PSP/2 will work using some form of downloadable content but would obviously require buying large amounts of extra memory sticks. I'm betting there will be some kind of announcement at E3 in a few days.

Dwemer
June 1st, 2006, 05:23 PM
Sony could have had a little goldmine with the PSP had they allowed more Homebrew and customization on their unit. They quickly responded to shut down any Homebrew coding on their machine, failed at ever providing any interesting downloadable content, integrated old tired technology into it, and relied on UMD movies, rather than decent games, to propel the PSP forward. It's a shame too, it's such a neat little unit. Oh well......