PDA

View Full Version : old movie about warriors who come back to life

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Ellencherie
May 5th, 2006, 09:38 AM
I'm trying to remember a movie I saw on TV in the mid 50's to 1970. It seems like it was set in King Arthur times. The story line's about this guy who goes on a quest for something with fellow warriors. A witch or female is trying to stop the quest. His fellow men get killed off one by one. One scene I remember is the leader fighting a giant, and he goes around the giant faster and faster on a horse, until the giant gets dizzy and falls over dead.
The end scene is when all his fellow soldiers come back to life by a
spell or something.

Incarnadine
June 1st, 2006, 12:46 PM
I'd be interested in learning the name of this one as well. I vaguely remember it from my own childhood, I remember it beginning with the hero calling back to life the band of heroes he takes on his quest and then they die off (again) one by one with each encounter.

Ellencherie
June 1st, 2006, 01:37 PM
The title is The Magic Sword. I posted the question on the http://www.imdb.com/ website and someone wrote in with the title! And they were correct! So since I solved that mystery, I got a free dinner, ha ha!:D

Incarnadine
June 1st, 2006, 02:08 PM
Thank you! Hah I looked it up on Amazon and they actually have it on DVD format (why not great movies like Miracle Beach then?), reading the reviews tells me that I should just cherish the memory of it rather than watch it now and cringe at how bad it is.

milamber_reborn
June 2nd, 2006, 06:50 PM
This is so funny. I was flipping through the TV guide yesterday and saw that none other than "The Magic Sword" was about to start on my city's local channel. Not too shabby for a movie of its era.