PDA

View Full Version : X-men 3 the last stand (possible spoliers!)

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Dawnstorm
June 11th, 2006, 03:10 AM
I dunno about that man, if the makeup was good enough for one movie just who is he trying to impress by playing TC about wearing it a second time?

Wikipedia:

"Alan Cumming was reportedly uncomfortable with the long hours he had to take with the Nightcrawler makeup, but still planned to return for X-Men: The Last Stand. However, the part for Nightcrawler was so minimal, he felt it was not worth it to go through the long and costly make up process when he was barely in the film, and the character was cut.[5] He did agree, however, to do voice work for the character for the video game based on the film."

Seriously, I felt the film had too many pointless characters already. I quite liked Nightcrawler, so I'm glad they didn't get the chance to ruin him in this movie (just for the sake of having him in it).

Personally I thought the more embarassing side of the character was by far his accent, which was totally on him.

I don't know. As a native speaker of German, I thought this was a quite impressive job, compared to other attempts I see by non-native speakers. (Not perfect, but quite good, actually.)

saintjon
June 11th, 2006, 06:29 AM
I'll take your word for it.

Dawnstorm
June 11th, 2006, 06:54 AM
I'll take your word for it.

Just an impression. I'll say you're better suited to judge "foreign" accents than I am.

saintjon
June 11th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Yeah it's all good, Dawn. Something about the way his statement was presented just really rubbed me the wrong way but thanks for elaborating.