View Full Version : There's a mistake in HOTS on page 33...***SPOILERS***

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 [2]

kialuvsyou
June 16th, 2006, 03:54 AM
i wouldnt expect the book to come out too soon. shes just been through a hard slog getting the Rhiannon trilogy out and probably wants a break.
but later is better than never.

shorty
June 19th, 2006, 03:13 AM
Hey

OMG i cant believe she is writing more books!!!!!!!!
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy!!!!! :D :D :D :D

I knew that the series couldn't end there.
I just hope we wont have to wait too long, but it will probably be a while. like u said better later than never.

Elizabeth
June 19th, 2006, 09:26 PM
I know! WAY better late than never ;)

And how good is Kate to be so accomodating of her obsessive fans ;)

kialuvsyou
June 20th, 2006, 03:27 AM
Hahaha im all hyper as well.
i was shocked and thrilled at how fast Kate's reply to my email was. From other writers i normally dont get one back for months!

Elizabeth
June 20th, 2006, 09:29 PM
We Love You Kate! :)

Shadiou
July 4th, 2006, 11:35 AM
oh, I found heaps of mistakes in HOTS:

-Buba was always a female owl in the Witches series, but suddenly they're using "him and "he"

-Goblin was always a female but in HOTS, Kate uses "it" to refer to her at least five or six times.

-Maisie was not the cunning man's daughter, he was her GRANDDAUGHTER.

Okay, maybe I am nitpicking (specially about the last one) but whats with forgetting the sex of Buba and Goblin? :confused:

also :does first post dance:

Elizabeth
July 4th, 2006, 11:14 PM
I noticed how some characters were being referred to as 'he' instead of 'she' too...

There were also a few spelling mistakes as well but I guess when it comes right down to it, it is a WONDERFUL series :)

I have just finished re-reading HOTS again and I am seriously thinking of going right back to the beginning (again!) and start over with Dragonclaw (again!) :)

Has anyone ever found anything quite like this series by another author? If Kate is only thinking about the continuation of the series, it would be nice to get a hold of something similar to keep me going until the new books are released :)

Shadiou
July 6th, 2006, 04:49 AM
I noticed how some characters were being referred to as 'he' instead of 'she' too...

There were also a few spelling mistakes as well but I guess when it comes right down to it, it is a WONDERFUL series :)

I have just finished re-reading HOTS again and I am seriously thinking of going right back to the beginning (again!) and start over with Dragonclaw (again!) :)

Has anyone ever found anything quite like this series by another author? If Kate is only thinking about the continuation of the series, it would be nice to get a hold of something similar to keep me going until the new books are released :)

yep, it is a great series and the Buba thing only annoyed me for a page or two..and as for starting at the beginning, I did that while waiting for HOTS to come out!

I haven't found anything similar to this series, but I can recommend Katherine Kerr as a strong female writer with strong female characters and a cool way of writing accents...

empress784
June 26th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Ok i have seriously been stressing out about how much i love these books!!!! they are amazing. Rhiannons ride is perhaps one of the best book series EVER!! and people i have read alot of awesome books. I mean sharon shinn, terry brooks, anne Mccaffrey, nothing compares to kate forsyth!!! She is just amazing!! Although as everyone said below I WISH WISH WISH :eek: she would have continued the story of rhiannon and lewen!! i so wanted to see their wedding and perhaps kids??? and i def wanted to see Lilanthe and Nial again:p!!!! And seriously did neil KNOW or not!!!! I hope he didn't b/c even though he is so in love with Bronny, his bf's girl, he is a nice boy who will maybe be able to move on with his life if he tries:cool:AHH i hope someone responds i have been absolutely exploding with my excitement about these books!! ah i mean i took them all out of the library read them all and then promptly bought all 9 eileanan books!! ahhh i wish rhiannons rise was longer!! wish with me people maybe it will happen!!!:o:o:o:o:o:o

empress784
June 26th, 2008, 05:46 PM

I can totally recommend Sharon Shinns Thirteenth House Series, also The song of Albion series. Thats harder to get into but very worth it. Also Summers at Castle AUburn and Deerskin by sharon shinn. oh and definitely sunshine by robin mckinley. also the damar books by robin mckinley (Blue Sword, The Hero & the Crown) All GREAT BOOKS!! also if you want a little more YA books try the immortal series by Tamora Pierce. Also a great series!! oh and try the Dark Visions series by LJ Smith!! Let me nkow if any of those help:) oh and duh! the Shannara series by Terry Brooks! AMAZING!!!