PDA

View Full Version : Bubba Ho-Tep

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

AJ_
June 9th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Has anyone seen the movie Bubba Ho-Tep? I watched it today and thought it was good. Kind of an oddball sort of movie, yet it had its touching moments too. It has Bruce Campbell in it who plays an Elvis impersonator in a nursing home. He and his friend have to battle a mummy who is sucking away everyone's souls. :p

On a sidenote I would love to get the soundtrack because there's a particular song that is just beautiful. :)

PlanetRetcon
June 9th, 2006, 10:11 PM
This movie was suggested to me by a friend, I rented it and LOVED it. Wow. I can't even say. Your recap, while good, doesn't give the movie justice. It's like saying that that Indiana Jones is the story of an Archaeologist and there's some Nazis in it too.

LOVED the movie.

AuntiePam
June 9th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Bruce wasn't an Elvis impersonator -- he was Elvis. Really. :)

Great little movie. Based on a story by Joe Lansdale, who writes some weird (but good) stuff.

Ward
June 10th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Great movie, just happened to have watched it twice trough last night with both tracks of commentary...if you haven't already you have to hear the 'King's' commentary track.

Zahir al Daoud
June 11th, 2006, 08:24 AM
This is a great movie. Truly, truly odd, while managing to be both funny yet touching. Became something of an "art house" hit when the major studios wanted nothing to do with it--so much so the director has been trying find a way to make the sequel alluded to at the end of the credits (Bubba-Nosferatu).

And yeah, the commentary track by the "King" is perfect!

petkusj
June 12th, 2006, 01:46 PM
I convinced some friends to see it when it showed in Denver at the Mayan Theatre. I went to see it solely because of my love of Bruce and they saw it simply because I said it would be fun. I was worried it would be too weird for them but they enjoyed it, as did I.

Jennifer

PS Sadly, they didn't enjoy the Lost Skeleton of Cadavra.