View Full Version : 80's Cartoon movie...I'm Stumped

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

Tgrim
June 20th, 2006, 04:15 PM
First of all, "Hello" I am new to these boards but I cant wait to start reading. I have a question for all of you. From my childhood it must have been around the early to mid 80's, I watched a short cartoon movie. I have tried searching for it all over the web, but I couldnt find it. From what I remember it had a young female or male and he/she rode a horse that flew. I think this horse might have been robotic I'm not for sure. The villian in the story was this ugly old nasty woman that would scream and I want to say she moved on a giant wheel. I think the characters were trapped in some sort of maze. In the end I know that the evil woman character transformed into a wooden doll, that was abused (thus she is evil now). I want to say she was wearing tattered red clothing.

This movie scared the S*$% out of me when I was younger. Its one of the first movie/cartoon recollections I have so I'm trying to identify it. If anyone could help I would be forever grateful! thanks so much!

omnina´f
June 23rd, 2006, 02:18 PM
What is a 'short cartoon film'? I take it wasn't a daily/weekly program? Or even released in the theaters. I can't recall ever seeing that one, or even any 'cartoon movies' on 'non-cable' television in the early 80's.

What makes me sad is that my daughter hates the Smurfs. I hope Grouchy doesn't hear her.

'But do not listen to me. For I can not even hear myself.'

Tgrim
June 23rd, 2006, 02:27 PM
I'm pretty sure it was a movie...I was even debating if it happened to be a Starbrite movie, but it seemed a little more violent. I thought I might had been watching Disney, its hard for me to remember. The animators might have been foreign as the animation didnt look like anything in the US at that time. I just remember being scared to death of this Witch like lady chasing the "hero" through a maze screaming...lol thanks for the help!

LilacElf
October 23rd, 2006, 08:13 AM
I think I remember seeing the movie you're talking about years ago. I think it had like a young unicorn that magically turned into a flying unicorn.

Sadly, I can't think of the title either, but it's good to know someone else may remember it as well.

The Lilac Elf of Lothlorien
"When all else fails, there's always alliteration."

Tgrim
October 23rd, 2006, 11:42 AM
LilacElf,

You are awesome! All i needed was a little help, a little jolt in my memory, and you gave it to me. The name of it was "The Fantastic Adventures of Unico."

I believe there were 2 movies made, and the second movie something about a magical island is specifically was I was thinking about. Again, much much appreciated. I had almost given up. Its funny how good it feels to remember stuff that bothers you for so long when you cant think of it.:p

Tgrim

LilacElf
October 24th, 2006, 08:54 AM
So glad you figured out the title of that movie! It's been bugging me for years as well.

It's sort of one of those things where you KNOW you remember the movie, but since no one else does, you start to think your mind has made it up.

Later!

ravenlynne
October 25th, 2006, 07:19 AM
What is a 'short cartoon film'? I take it wasn't a daily/weekly program? Or even released in the theaters. I can't recall ever seeing that one, or even any 'cartoon movies' on 'non-cable' television in the early 80's.

What makes me sad is that my daughter hates the Smurfs. I hope Grouchy doesn't hear her.

'But do not listen to me. For I can not even hear myself.'

Mine too. These kids today don't like anything good.

sic's mom
October 25th, 2006, 06:22 PM
I'm sorry, but I hated the Smurfs too. More of a Scooby Doo and Superfriends kind of kid. Also hated the Care Bears. Too nice. Yuck!!

Carmano
July 23rd, 2007, 05:49 PM
Um when i was like 6 or somthing i had a movie. it was a little blonde cartoon girl with a pink heart on her dress and she lived in a colorful world until somthing dark was turning everything black and white.

Carmano
July 23rd, 2007, 05:49 PM
Um when i was like 6 or somthing i had a movie. it was a little blonde cartoon girl with a pink heart on her dress and she lived in a colorful world until somthing dark was turning everything black and white. i dont remember what its called. if anyone can help me out?! let me know!!!!!