View Full Version : Ultraviolet

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Aelden
June 28th, 2006, 12:51 AM
Has anyone here seen Ultraviolet? I heard it was pretty good and I was kinda thinking about renting or buying it. Maybe renting if its just good for a cheap laugh or two :D Seriously though, the previews made it look pretty sweet, kinda mindless-action (i know i know, but those are always fun to watch every once in a while)

=-=Aelden=-=

Holbrook
June 28th, 2006, 01:53 AM
If you mean the BBC TV series, then I wouldn't call in mindless violence, it is slick and clever....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/A590843

Don't know if there is a film by the same name.

Aelden
June 28th, 2006, 02:02 AM
Yeah, sorry, i'm from the U.S.A and they just made a movie called Ultraviolet which is supposed to come out tuesday. (forgot how many nationalities are on here, sorry)

=-=Aelden=-=

Holbrook
June 28th, 2006, 02:09 AM
Yeah, sorry, i'm from the U.S.A and they just made a movie called Ultraviolet which is supposed to come out tuesday. (forgot how many nationalities are on here, sorry)

=-=Aelden=-=

It's ok, wish they had made a second series of that show... was a very different take on vampires, not at all your "Buffy"

Aelden
June 28th, 2006, 02:17 AM
Heh heh, i couldn't stand the Buffy series. Too sexual, maybe if they had made it less so we would've had something to talk about. Have you ever heard of the "Blade" trilogy? That's one i can relate to better. I hardly watched any of BtVS, not enough to really understand it. I like vampire stories, this "Ultraviolet" one sounds pretty good, would you mind giving me some more info on it? (if its okay with the moderators to break away from topic long enough to do that)

Kanos
June 28th, 2006, 04:10 AM
I've seen it and well, not the best movie ever but Milla Jovovich is always nice. Somewhere, deep underneath all the violence and computermade animations is a message as well.

Aelden
June 28th, 2006, 04:34 AM
Heh heh, that's good to know. Kinda like... Monty Python and the Holy Grail? You know there's a message there but you cant put your finger on it? Lol, jk... seriously though, does anyone have any clue why Monty Python and the Holy Grail is so... wonderful? Besides being gut-wrenching funny that is... anyway, back to topic.

So would you suggest renting or buying Ultraviolet? I mean, is it just a meandering melody in the movie medly? Or is it a prince in the palace of pictures?

lol... yeah... seriously, would you suggest renting or buying it? ((agh, i cant type, i keep wanting to slip an "m" or a "p" in there somewhere :p

Kanos
June 28th, 2006, 05:08 AM
Well, if you have a thing for Milla, I know I have since Blue Lagoon and Fifth Element, it's worth buying or renting. I find it hard liking all the new movies since they seem to focus mainly on action and animations rather than a great manuscript or feeling though. The computer and moviemaking hasn't found the right balance just yet. At least not in the movies we get in Sweden as we smalltown folks only get the most famous Hollywood movies :) In my very humble opinion, V for Vendetta and Equilibrium is more likeable.

-Asher-
June 30th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Rent it.

It's not really vampires, the story makes little sense, there are so many things they don't explain and the bad guy stinks (the actor, I forget his name). Even the horrible third Blade movie is better than this.

Zahir al Daoud
July 3rd, 2006, 01:19 AM
If you mean the British t.v. series, I thought it was excellent. One of the few times I've seen someone in fiction intelligently apply to the supernatural the technology available as a deterrent. More, I loved the ambiguity. The lead was constantly seeing evidence that the "vampires" were not what the official propoganda claimed--i.e. demons or animals. Yet that doesn't make them any less dangerous.