PDA

View Full Version : did you notice ____????

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Aelden
June 28th, 2006, 01:27 AM
I thought i'd start a thread about stuff that everyone may have not noticed in a movie and/or book. I guess i'll start off with "Did you notice that in Star Wars episode III Padme wouldn't've died if Anakin hadn't gone over to the dark side?" (that's what you call irony) Okay... i know that one is pretty obvious for anyone who payed attention to the 3rd movie but hey, i do what i can.

=-=Aelden=-=

PlanetRetcon
June 28th, 2006, 01:35 AM
This one's always bothered me:

Did you notice, in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Voldemort would never have had access to the Stone if Harry hadn't broken all those rules to follow him to the chamber? Dumbledore didn't notice that when he gave Gryffindor all those points.

Aelden
June 28th, 2006, 02:08 AM
Heh, never saw that movie, I did however read the book... never again... ever... lol. I personally dont like J.K. Rowling or her writing style. It seemed to me that Harry was just too good for a 12 yr old kid (or however old he was) i realize he was a wizard and all but still. He's kinda like the fantasy version of superman... just too invincible.

=-=Aelden=-=

Dwemer
June 28th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Did you notice....

That for someone who puts ALL his power into one ring, Sauron should have been wearing better gloves?

UberDarkLord
June 28th, 2006, 07:10 PM
This one is for X-Men: the Last Stand.

The anti-mutant gene medicin/cure thing is supposed to be based on the DNA of a mutant. The special ability of this mutant is that it turns of the mutant genes in other mutants --> like with Hank McCoy going from Beast to man.
So how come that the special abilities of this mutant aren't turned off by his own special ability?
To me it sound a bit like a snake eating its own tail.

ArthurFrayn
June 28th, 2006, 08:10 PM
So how come that the special abilities of this mutant aren't turned off by his own special ability?
Come on.You're having too much fun. ;)
His abilities don't have to conform to semantic absolutes. Semantic and linguistic paradoxes or conumdrums don't correspond to actual states of the world, or fictional constructs which seek at least in some measure to mirror them.

All that has to be said is his special abilities affect mutants other than himself.That it wasn't said is not the logical inconsistency you think it is. It's just not necessary.Obviously it's the case.

White Owl
June 29th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Did you notice that in Spider Man 2 Mary Jane Watsons Fience is a Space Pilot while in the comic books Venom was a space pilot?

...My guess who the villian in Spider Man 4 is.

saintjon
June 29th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Actually the Venom symbiote is going to be in part 3.

PlanetRetcon
June 30th, 2006, 03:10 AM
Did you notice, in Night of the Living Dead, if they'd just gone into the cellar in the first place, they'd likely all have lived? The zombies gave up on the door in like 2 minutes.

ArthurFrayn
June 30th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Did you notice, in Night of the Living Dead, if they'd just gone into the cellar in the first place, they'd likely all have lived? The zombies gave up on the door in like 2 minutes.

That's one of the great ironies of the film. Ben's assertion that the basement is a death trap, that as viewers we're all inclined to agree with, is wrong all along, and he is the only one to benefit from what turns out to be the correct solution.
Well, almost. ;)