PDA

View Full Version : New Sci Fi Films For 2006 - 2007

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

July 4th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Here s a short list of sci fi films for 2006-2007 , some are seeking distribution others are already available

1.SCANNER DARKLY - BASED ON PHILIP K DICK NOVEL

2.THE FOUNTAIN - ARANOFSKY'S NEW FILM

3 TRANCEFORMER-

4. 2012 -THE QUICKENING-

5. THE FINAL EQUATION- PRIMER AND PI AND THE MATRIX IN ONE FILM

6. I AM LEGEND - FROM WHICH THE OMEGA MAN WAS TAKEN

7 MIST -QUANTUM MECHANICS RULES THE MIND

ANY OTHERS PLEASE REPLY

Bitter Buffalo
July 7th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Not quite sure when its coming out but add "Sunshine" to the list.

"Sunshine concerns a group of astronauts heading towards the sun in an attempt to deliver an explosive payload and prevent it from becoming a dead star."

http://www.sunshinedna.com/

Looks like it could be cool.

EDIT: Release date March 16, 2007

PlanetRetcon
July 7th, 2006, 10:26 PM
Are you serious? Is there no catastrophe that can't be solved by tossing a nuke at it?

Skaidon
July 8th, 2006, 02:07 AM
28 Days Later Director, Writer and Star reunited for that movie, been waiting for this since I first heard about it, going to be great!

July 8th, 2006, 10:31 AM
It looks like Paramount is going ahead with an updated version of the Abobinable Snowman. Anyone remember the Hammer version with Peter Cushing?

Evil Agent
July 8th, 2006, 01:04 PM
No, but was Christopher Lee in it?

Any time I hear about the Abonimable Snowman now, I think of Andy Serkis's hilarious line in King Kong.

Mithfânion
July 16th, 2006, 03:52 AM
It doesn't seem like there is much coming out in the SF genre. Yes there is The Fountain, which seems cool, plus the Transformers, and Scanner Darkly. But other than that, I am Legend is still a rumour as far as I know, and IMDB doesn't even have entries for 2012, Final equations, Mist and Sunshine.

sic's mom
July 17th, 2006, 09:35 PM
No, but was Christopher Lee in it?

Any time I hear about the Abonimable Snowman now, I think of Andy Serkis's hilarious line in King Kong.
Ok, I'm sorry , but in my opinion the best Abonimable Snowman is still the bumble in "Rudolf the Red-nosed Raindeer". Always a fav. :)