View Full Version : Top 5 favourite anime series

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Bridie
August 2nd, 2006, 08:35 AM
Atm i havent seen much anime but ill join in. Number 4 i havent watched completely but i love it and im pretty sure elfen lied will go further up my list. Id suggest watching Gunslinger girl its v.good and will be more suited to people who like fighting, bloody, gorey anime as apposed to fruits basket and tokyo mew mew which are fairly girly tbh.

1: Fruits Basket
2: Haibane Renmei(charcoal feathers federation)
3: Gunslinger Girl
4: Elfen Lied
5: Tokyo Mew mew

Icarium
August 2nd, 2006, 10:47 AM
Top 5... must say i havent watched any new anime in years... my favorites would have to be

1.Neon Genesis Evangelion
2.Love Hina (might be because it s one of the first series i saw but i thought it was really good... first 24 eps that is... the others suck)
3.Trigun, mostly for the first 5 eps...
4.Hellsing, really like that serie
5. Well, i ll go with a cartoon instead of an anime if yo0 udont mind... i always thought SPAWN was freaking awesome and was really sad that they didnt continue to make them.

cheese
August 3rd, 2006, 02:10 PM
Id suggest watching Gunslinger girl its v.good and will be more suited to people who like fighting, bloody, gorey anime as apposed to fruits basket and tokyo mew mew which are fairly girly tbh.

I think im going to try out Gunslinger Girl. The premise of the story from what I've read online seems solid enough, plus the first volume got a decent review at Anime News Network (the second volume got an even better review). I guess I could watch it on youtube though I don't like the quality. I'll probably order it..Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Bridie
August 3rd, 2006, 02:57 PM
i watched GSG on youtube and the quality was good- better than waiting for it. its got a very sad ending and is abit confusing at the start but maybe that was just me...

cheese
August 3rd, 2006, 03:01 PM
I just checked out on youtube and your right, the quality is pretty good. I'm buying it just to add to my anime collection, plus I'd prefer to watch it on my big-screen TV. :D I watched the first episode and it seemed like a solid start, it was a bit confusing but I think I'll catch on. :)

angel_vez
August 4th, 2006, 07:37 AM
oh this is tough...
ummm well in any order because choosing 5 anime series is difficult enough
rurouni kenshin
fullmetal alchemist
bleach
wolf's rain
neon genisis evangelion

... but there's also rah-xephon, full metal panic, 12 kingdoms, .hack//sign, cowboy bebop, azumanga daioh, samurai champloo, ranma 1/2, inuyasha, fruits basket, hellsing, kyou kara maou, blood +, beserk, chrono crusade and the list goes on and on

... and this is just tv series... don't get me started on films heh

Gallowglasse
August 4th, 2006, 06:06 PM
1. Cowboy Bebop is perfection in anime form, plot, characters, soundtrack, animation, dialogue all flawless.

2. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is also excellent.

3. Robotech was what got me into anime in the first place

4. Samurai Champloo

5. Excell Saga is very wierd and quite often hilarious.

I've heard great things about Escaflowne and am planning to get it asap. I've seen the Evangelion films and couldn't get into it but maybe the series is better.

cheese
August 4th, 2006, 11:29 PM
I really don't understand why people like Samurai Champloo. I read the first two volumes of the manga and wasn't impressed whatsoever. It had a terrible story, and the character got in fights for no reason. I just found it plain stupid. Question for someone who has watched the anime: Does it get better as it progresses, and is the anime story-line better then the Manga story?

angel_vez
August 5th, 2006, 12:47 AM
Gallowglasse:I've seen the Evangelion films and couldn't get into it but maybe the series is better.

the anime series of Evangelion is better than the films. I'm surprised that you got through the films with out watching the series because I would have been absolutly confused and not knowing what the heck was going on with characters/story and what not so kudos to you mate.

Cheese: I really don't understand why people like Samurai Champloo. I read the first two volumes of the manga and wasn't impressed whatsoever. It had a terrible story, and the character got in fights for no reason. I just found it plain stupid. Question for someone who has watched the anime: Does it get better as it progresses, and is the anime story-line better then the Manga story?

I haven't read the manga of Samurai Champaloo but i really like the anime series (although i haven't finished the series yet). I think it's the mixture of really good animation, the music is awsome and the story is interesting and entertaining...well i find it is. I don't know if they get up to the same hyjinx in the manga as they do in the anime (although they usually do) but perhaps finding a samurai who smells of sunflowers just doesn't float your boat. Anywho... all i know is that the music plays a vital role in the anime and so reading the manga probably doesn't have the same effect as watching it.

Gallowglasse
August 6th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Cheers for the kudos angel_vez, just put it down good old fashioned english stubborness. (I've paid for it, I've opened it, I've put it in the DVD player, I've bought a crate of Newcy Brown, I'm bloody well gonna watch it if it kills me!).

As for Sam Champ, it's all about style and attitude, just like Bebop.